What's new

Did anyone start the I Love Lucy subscription from Columbia House? (1 Viewer)

John Torrez

Second Unit
I'd like to do that to, anyone have the website to order them? Btw, I wish they would have released them in season sets but this will have to do.
------------------
"They're all gonna laugh at you!"

John Torrez

Second Unit
Never mind, I love this show as much as anyone else but $24.95 a dvd is a bit too much for me. Come on Paramount, give us season box sets!
------------------
"They're all gonna laugh at you!"

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Yep, and I think they only inculde 3 episodes per disc.
------------------
Kyle³
------------------
Yahoo Messenger - digitalkyle

Michael Gage

Auditioning
I am receiving the I Love Lucy DVD series from Columbia House. Here's what each DVD contains
- 4 episodes and quality wise they look great
- Flubs and errors (a very short special feature that shows at least one mistake on each episode that the dvd is highlighting)
- "lost" sections of different episodes that were cut or only shown once during the original broadcast (ie: the original opening for I Love Lucy which was animated)
- Lengthy audio chapter readings from the book "Love, Laughs and Lucy" which was written by the creator of I Love Lucy (Oppenheimer)and his son. If you've never read the book, is is very informative and interesting
- I believe there is one additional special feature that is minor...but cannot recall what it is.
The first two DVD contain selected episodes (Vitametavegimin, the Freezer, etc...) After the second DVD the remaining episodes are all in broadcast order.
While I agree the price is alittle high, as an I Love Lucy fan, to me it is worth it to finally have these classics on DVD...and I plan on buying them all!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks