What's new

Developing story: FoxNews pulls programming from Sirius over contract dispute (1 Viewer)

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Several people have confirmed on Sirius Backstage Forums that the TV feed is indeed gone.....at least for now.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
(Tim, let's be careful of posting anything that
might erupt political discussion here) ;)

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
Don't know what this is all about, but FOX NEWS is still on Sirius. If it was gone, it couldn't have been for more than a short time, as I have it on in the car all the time.

TedT

Second Unit

Wow! That's so open-minded!

Don't you think all sides of an issue or political viewpoint should be represented?

Ernie Estrella

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ernie
I RARELY listen to news on my Sirius radio and even then it's BBC or NPR, actual reputable news sources. Fox News is something I block anyway.

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom

I think what Ron is saying is that this is a home theater forum and not a forum for political discussion. :)

It appears that the Fox service interruption may have been just a bit of sword waving on both sides. Apparently, the dispute has been resolved.

TedT

Second Unit

What I was referring to was someone not liking FOX not wanting FOX to be broadcasting.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
According to a thread over at Sirius Backstage, Alan Colmes and Tony Snow's radio shows will be off Sirius effective 12/17, and the simulcast of the Fox "News" Channel TV feed will be gone effective 1/1. Supposedly there is something on Alan Colmes' website stating this and begging people to call Sirius and request that they keep Fox. Also, Sirius Customer Service is confirming this as well.....for whatever that's worth.

Even though I hate the channel personally, this will be a big blow to Sirius. Lots of people are glued to it religously. While Howard Stern or NASCAR might not be enough for most people to switch, the Fox News disciples will be switching to XM in large numbers if this is indeed true.

None of the "exclusive" deals from either side have really shocked me that much....(NHL, MLB, Air America, Opie & Anthony to XM.....Stern, Martha Stewart and NASCAR to Sirius), but I do find this one somewhat surprising. Especially in spite of the fact that XM already carries MSNBC and CNN Headline which are not carried by Sirius. To lose Fox "News", seems like corporate suicide in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks