Denon DVD-2200 having problems with a few discs

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by James W. Johnson, Jul 26, 2004.

1. James W. Johnson

James W. Johnson Screenwriter

I've had my 2200 for awhile but but only recently has it become my only player so now problems are surfacing..

The Who , Who's Next Deluxe Edition redbook CD will not play. Various CD-Rs will not play.

Has anyone else had any issues with the 2200 not liking certain discs?

If this thing keeps it up i'm going to dump it and buy something else.

2. Mike Wladyka

Mike Wladyka Supporting Actor

have you gotten all the latest firmware upgrades?

3. Tim_Stack

Tim_Stack Second Unit

I had a problem at first with loading of "Resevoir Dogs" - it would come back with "Unable to Play". But after a few weeks, I tried again and it worked fine. Is there a break-in period for dvd players?

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I have only had one disc since last year that would not work at all - Party Monster with. I have the latest firmware installed. CDRs not playing doesn't surprise me, it's most likely the media - this is common, but redbook usually isn't. I have a few brand new, perfect surface redbook CDs that give my DVD-R drive in my PC a problem, but if I burn those same CDs to a CDR, they work fine - wierd.

There is a break in period, but it should have nothing to do with a disc playing or not. I haven't tried Resevoir Dogs yet.

5. Drew_W

Drew_W Screenwriter

Sometimes when I insert redbook media it doesn't like it, so you have to eject it and close the tray again for it to read it.

No problems with Memorex CD-Rs. Lots of problems with some home movies I put onto Memorex DVD-Rs. Very choppy playback, and the same happened with a Memorex DVD+R when my cousin brought over her wedding video. Ritek G04 media seems to work perfectly...so far. I'm glad media prices have dropped since Ritek was extremely expensive compared to the budget alternatives about a year back.

None of my Pioneers have any problems reading anything I throw at them. They're also faster at reading discs when I put them in and don't heat up my discs nearly as much. I still do like my 2900 though. [​IMG]