What's new

Denon AVR 5800 upgrade (1 Viewer)

Mike Peveler

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone tried this yet, if so what were your impressions. How would this compare to the 5803

Keith Carlascio

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keith
Hi,

Still no news on the upgrade. According to DenonJeff I am first on the list. I am just waiting for the Email so I can bring my unit in, he did say soon though.

EricN

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Eric
Keith and Jeremy, where did you find your number? I have been receiving the e-mails, but I have no idea where I am on the list.
:frowning:

Andrew P

Second Unit
Are you guys happy with the way Denon is handling the upgrade? I used to own a 5800 which was great, but then I went to B&K and now to separates. I love the idea of upgradable pieces.

I think Onyko has done the best followed by Denon and then there is B&K (which in my opinion sounds the best), but their upgradeability promise is lacking.

Andy

Jeremy Hegna

Supporting Actor
Eric,

I was having e-mail problems all week, so I e-mailed Jeff to make sure I hadn't missed anything. He got caught up with some other things so he hadn't e-mailed everyone their personal "place in line" message. He gave me my number in that message. Also, kind of an ETA of my upgrade board. I don't think it's too much of a bother if you feel like dropping him a line...he's been very good about responding.

Andrew,

I'm VERY happy with the way Denon is handling the upgrade. In fact, my 2800 (DVD player) started having audio drop out problems a week or two ago. They sent me the latest firm ware upgrade...didn't fix it, so they are paying the shipping to and from their headquarters to fix it and clean it up with no charge. My unit is 14 months old. I am very happy with their customer service and tech support. If I do end up going with a "seperates only" system, it won't be til after I've had a chance to check out Denon's new pre/pros next year.

Jeremy

Keith Carlascio

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keith
Hi,

Same here I had sent him an email, when he responded he told what number I was. Also he posted in a thread about the about the upgrade that I had posted in that I was number 1.

Mr. Brian

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian
How do I email DenonJeff? I pre-registered at least a few months ago, and I haven't heard anything yet. I'd like to know my number.

Thanks,

Brian

Jeremy Hegna

Supporting Actor
Brian,

Have you been getting the follow up e-mails? The comparisons between the 5800 and 5803 and the "how to" guides?

Jeremy

Mr. Brian

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian
I haven't been getting any of the follow up emails. I didn't even know that was happening. Maybe I should try registering again.

Brian

Jeremy Hegna

Supporting Actor
Yep,

Definitely try registering again. Let me know if you are able to. I'm at work right now, but I could forward you an e-mail tonight from home.

Jeremy

EricN

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Eric
Jeremy, Jeff just replied... #265..:frowning: guess I am waiting until July.
Quick response for sure though...

Jeremy Hegna

Supporting Actor
Eric,
Are you in a hurry? I would love to switch places with you if you are. I'm #124, end of May. Problem is, I'm putting a new yard and fence in....it's going to cost a bit more than I budgeted:)
I don't know if this is a possibility, but if you're interested, let me know. Just drop me an e-mail with your first and last name and I'll check with Jeff.
Thanks,
Jeremy

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Hi!,,
Denon Canada has received 10 kits.
My 5800 is packaged in the original box and is being
taking to K/K today to be send away for the upgrade.:)
Perfect timing for me as I currently have my system disassembled as we are in the process of setting up
our possesions in the new house which we just moved to.

Keith Carlascio

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keith
Hi,

Just go the SRA number. Mine will be going in tomorrow.

Can't wait for 2 reason, 1 to get it back and 2 to get my wife off by back about the mess of wires on the floor. Like Trevor my stuff was being put into a new rack and I did not want to wire it all up just to have to take it apart.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks