What's new

Denon AVR-1804 - will S-video upconvert? (1 Viewer)

John Broderick

Auditioning
Had the receiver for 3 years, feeding DirecTV through S-video. Zero problems.

Recently picked up plasma ED monitor - Panasonic 37PWD8UK.

I was under the impression that the Denon would upconvert an S-Video signal to a component.

Have hooked up my DVD player using component. It works. Attached DirecTV to Denon receiver using S-video, hoping it would upconvert to component. So far, no signal.

Here's the kicker: when I set up everything initially using S-Video, I was able to see the onscreen setup. Now, using component with a DVD that works, I cannot get the onscreen setup.

Another note on the Panasonic monitor - while it has a S-Video input and a component input, it will not let you use both. If you put S-Video in and Component in, it will only let you use the component.

Can anybody help? I'm looking to find out: a) will it upconvert; and b) why isn't the onscreen setup on the Denon working even though I am getting picture through the DVD player.

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Hi John - I don't believe the AVR-1804 will upconvert to component. But that's all the more reason to upgrade to a new AVR-1707 for just $300 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks