What's new

Denon 5/7 Channel stereo (1 Viewer)

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
I'm sure this has been asked before but, who listens to music in the 5/7 channel stereo mode instead of just plain 2 channel? I have found that I really enjoy the 7 channel stereo of the denon 3802. Dont get me wrong, I like 2 channel, but the multichannel stereo sounds fuller and LOUDER than 2 channel stereo. Any thoughts?
Thanks
Earle

Wookie Groomer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Shawn
I also have the 3802. I dislike the 7 channel stereo. It makes the music more harsh sounding and the overall quality deminishes. On the other hand, I prefer the ProLogic II more for multi channel music in place of the 7 channel.

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
Earle: Until DPL II arrived on the scene, I think that many users of Denon products that liked 2 channel music played back in surround, chose 5 or 7 channel stereo. (Of course, there are the Matrix and DTS:NEO promoters too.) I know that from time to time, I too would also use 5 channel stereo (I'm still a pure 2 channel lover at heart though.)
But I have to admit, for me, when I'm in the mood for 2 channel surround music, the DPL II Music mode seems to bring more to the 2 channel surround table. The mix of the music seems to just be clearer. Add the ability to tweak the 3 settings exactly to my liking, and the effect is even better.
I do believe that if there are several listeners, all around the room, 5/7 channel stereo would probably be a better choice than DPL II.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks