What's new

Denon 3803 s-video to component switching (1 Viewer)

Hi -

I just found out yesterday that the Denon 3803 has a switching feature that allows for the upconversion of composite and s-video signals to a component signal. This, of course, would be especially useful for a front projection system (which I have) because you only have to run one component video cable from the receiver to your projector. This one cable will route ALL of your video sources to the projector! How convenient!

My question is, what other 6.1 or 7.1 receivers offer this feature? I really do not have the cash to spend on the 3803, so I am looking for a sub $900 option.

Thanks!

Mark Hedges

Second Unit
I don't think there are any other recievers that have this feature. Only the high end Denon's. I know the current Sony ES & Harman Kardons do not. Not sure about Onkyo and Pioneer but I am leaning towards them not doing it.

Mark

Mike_Thor

Grip
As far as I know, the Integra 6.3/7.3 does upconvert from composite to s-video but not sure of going from s-video to component. I'm looking at the Hitachi 51SWX20B that will take whatever input give it and upconvert to 480P so either way...

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks