Denon 3803 s-video to component switching

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Darren Oleski, May 21, 2003.

1. Darren Oleski

Hi -

I just found out yesterday that the Denon 3803 has a switching feature that allows for the upconversion of composite and s-video signals to a component signal. This, of course, would be especially useful for a front projection system (which I have) because you only have to run one component video cable from the receiver to your projector. This one cable will route ALL of your video sources to the projector! How convenient!

My question is, what other 6.1 or 7.1 receivers offer this feature? I really do not have the cash to spend on the 3803, so I am looking for a sub $900 option.

Thanks!

2. Mark Hedges

Mark Hedges Second Unit

I don't think there are any other recievers that have this feature. Only the high end Denon's. I know the current Sony ES & Harman Kardons do not. Not sure about Onkyo and Pioneer but I am leaning towards them not doing it.

Mark

3. Jamey F

Jamey F Stunt Coordinator

Nothing else in it's price range.

4. Mike_Thor

Mike_Thor Extra

As far as I know, the Integra 6.3/7.3 does upconvert from composite to s-video but not sure of going from s-video to component. I'm looking at the Hitachi 51SWX20B that will take whatever input give it and upconvert to 480P so either way...

Mike