What's new

Denon 3803 Video switching (1 Viewer)

Jasen Kent

Grip
Hey everyone:

Season's Greetings!

I just bought the Denon 3803 and can't seem to figure out how the video switching works.

From what I understand from the manual, if I connect a VCR or XBox using S-Video, then it should be upconverted to component video and output through the component out. Is that correct? I've tried this and have gone through the menu several times but still no picture through component outputs.

Help. Jimmy

Jamey F

Stunt Coordinator
I'm sure you've checked these, but for the sake of a starting point....Do you have a picture with any of the component input sources being run through the receiver? Are you sure there is an image being sent through the S-Video cable? Have you tried composite instead?

Roger Kint

Stunt Coordinator
I have the 2802 and it does not upconvert S-video to component. I would think the 3802 is the same.

Jasen Kent

Grip
Jamey:

I'm not currently running any component cables into the 3803. I'm just running both my XBox and DVD player into it using S-Video and then running component cable from the 3803 to my projector - no picture. I'm just wondering if I'm missing something in the menu to turn on the component output feature.

I do get a picture if I use the RCA monitor output (I haven't tried S-Video output since I don't have a cable long enough to reach the projector).

Roger: I have the 3803 (not the 3802) which is supposed to upconvert S-Video to component.

Thanks guys!

Jamey F

Stunt Coordinator
from your last post, I would assume you are at least sending a composite (RCA) signal. Yes you are correct in saying it should upconvert it to component. The quality won't be improved, but the signal should still be sent. I haven't gotten mine in yet. I was waiting on pulling the trigger til after christmas. Suggestions I would have would be some of the more obvious ones.

1)make sure you are using the receiver's component out and not ins

2) make sure your TV is set on the video mode that is your component input.

If those fail, check out page 26 in your manual where it discusses video setup. You may have to set your video priority to s-video with each input. Again, I don't have the unit yet, so I can't verify.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks