What's new

Denon 3803: Best price from authorized dealer? (1 Viewer)

Jamey F

Stunt Coordinator
I just ordered from ABTelectronics. They aren't the cheapest, but they are listed on Denon's website as authorized. That makes me feel better about paying a few extra bucks. They offer free shipping, so that's worth $30+ on this heavy piece. Add to that the glowing reviews they get on customer service in their feedback. It's a wonder they don't write the messages themselves that I got from Bizrate. The salesman called me back to tell me it will ship out tomorrow and my card was processed this year to avoid any possible out of state tax law changes. PM me if you need a good sales rep to talk to. I did get a couple that wouldn't even sell the piece to me claiming I was out of their area. I guess some of them don't realize they are authorized to sell Denon over the web.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Eric_Barkle et al.:
A friend of mine got the 3803 this past weekend for $899 + tax (grand total was just under $1k) at Valley TV in El Monte, California (about 12 miles east of downtown Los Angeles). Valley is listed at the Denon Website.
Per what romid says in his post #24 on page 1 of this thread, the dealer is reluctant to/does not give out (the) price(s) on the phone. Indeed, from earlier posts in this thread, we can see that when they do give a price on the phone, it is often inconsistent.
A few visceral notes/observations: The warehouse-style store's storage area is in plain view upon walking in, separated from the sales floor by only a cloth partition that does not go all the way up to the ceiling. Not unlike a Circuit City, the store sells kitchen appliances (stoves and fridges to the left as you enter) in addition to audio/video gear (to the right). They also sell a lot of products that they do not display/demo. For instance, there is no AVR-3803 on the sales floor. Granted, I'm used to the more upscale Bjorn's Audio Video in San Antonio, Texas, but I was left with a very mid-fi overall impression of the store.
Interestingly, the salesman mentioned (and showed my friend and I on his computer screen) that their dealer cost for the 3803 was $830.
Cheers,
Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks