Denon 3803: Best price from authorized dealer?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric_Barkle, Nov 4, 2002.

1. Eric_Barkle

Eric_Barkle Extra

Hello all,

The time has come to upgrade my trusty 3300, and ive settled on the Denon avr3803. the video conversion is a big selling point for me.

Ive called all the Denon authorized dealers near me and the best i can get it for is 1050 + tax. ive seen it grey market for 899 but i really want the warranty. I would appreciate if anyone could share the prices they paid from authorized dealers in other areas!

Thanks,
    E

2. Dan Hitchman

Dan Hitchman Cinematographer

Are they actually at retailers yet?? I haven't heard a peep about this receiver in a long time.

Dan

3. rob-socal

rob-socal Agent

I bought mine from a local dealer on Friday for about 10% under list. I think there was a very small allocation last week and it may be some time before more come in.

-Timing is everything,
    RJ.

4. Yogi

Yogi Screenwriter

How does it sound Rob? Can't wait to hear your impressions. What did you upgrade from? What speakers you have? The reason I am asking is because I have a 3802 and was wondering to hear impressions of people upgrading from the 3802 to the 3803. I hope you are one of them[​IMG]

5. rob-socal

rob-socal Agent

6. Elmer Millikan

I found it from an authorized dealer for $850... email me for details as I don't know the rules for posting about vendors here.

Thanks.

Elmer

7. Matt Weldy

Matt Weldy Second Unit

I am pulling my hair out waiting for this. I think I have the instruction manual memorized I have been reading it so much.

8. Eric_Barkle

Eric_Barkle Extra

Im drooling over this piece also...waiting to hear back about that 850$ from an authorized dealer (sounds too good to be true)

ive really loved my 3300 but a few negatives hopefully denon fixed with the 3803. any ideas?

1) volume display was TINY and didnt show on OSP
    2) no sleep function

9. TysonL

TysonL Agent

Anyone hear where the $850 price was from?

-Tyson

10. Elmer Millikan

ABT Electronics in Glenview, IL. I went and paid on Saturday and they in fact, were not in stock. But I paid anyway and they will call me when it comes in.

Elmer

11. romid

romid Auditioning

Just picked one up for $800 from an authorized B&M.

12. Jeb

Jeb Extra

Romid!
    Do tell where you found the $800 at an authorized site.
    Thanks

13. TysonL

TysonL Agent

romid,

Which b&m?

Elmer,

Abt told me I was crazy and their preorder price was $1,090.00. Oh well. Great buy! Let us know how it works out.

Tyson

14. Eric_Barkle

Eric_Barkle Extra

800 now?! from where? thats 100$ cheaper than crazy eddie and every grey market price ive seen. again ill believe it when i see it myself
    most of the places in pittsburgh still dont have it in stock...some place Northern Audio Exchange http://www.nax.com/ offered $995 and claimed to be authorized. but i called Denon and they are not, very shady. i would avoid them.
    Elmer if you could post the # of the store and the salesperson who gave it to you for 850 im sure we would all appreciate it, thanks [​IMG]

15. kevitra

kevitra Second Unit

You will get a lot more milage at Abt if you can go into the store. Even more milage if you have purchased from them in the past.

$800 sounds way to low. This item is too new and too hot for that price.

16. Elmer Millikan

I did buy my Mits and HDTV Directv system there last month.... paid $836 on Sat for the 3803.

My friend is a manager there but he is not the one that quoted me the $836 price... I called and he wasn't available so I asked for any salesman to get an idea on delivery. I 'knew' my buddy would give me the best price once I was ready to buy. The sales rep quoted me $1050 and I giggled and told him I could get it on-line for $950 and he called me back with the new price. I then went in on Saturday to seal the deal before it wasn't available anymore and I happened to see my buddy from HS and he asked what I needed and I told him that Scott L. had quoted me $836 for the rcvr and he showed me the dealer price and they were only making about $50 at this price. So he reserved it for me and I went to the cashier to pay and they will call me when it comes in... end of story.

17. romid

romid Auditioning

The name of the place is Valley TV in El Monte, CA. The phone number is 626-401-1111. This wasn't a special price, I didn't have to haggle with the salesman, I just asked if they had them in stock(he said they had 13 - now 12)and how much. When he said $800 I couldn't believe it. I thought he gave me a price for a 3802. He did say that they sell out fast, their last shipment of 15 sold out in 2 days.

18. Juan_R

Juan_R Supporting Actor

Romid,

that is one heck of a price, how do you like the unit? And what did you own before the 3803? I might be tempted to go down there and get one.

19. Matthew*S

Matthew*S Auditioning

I just tried calling the Valley T.V. and they told me a price of 1099$. go figure.

20. TysonL

TysonL Agent

Too funny....they told me $899.00 this morning.

-Tyson