What's new

Denon 3801 and Mitsubishi 73831 (1 Viewer)

waterline

Auditioning
Real Name
Tom
I am currently trying to get the video working on my new 73" 1080p TV. I have a Denon 3801 and the video connections are as follows:

From Direct TV box to 3801 is S-video cable

From DVD player to 3801 is component video (3 cables) connection.

From 3801 monitor out to TV is component video (3 cables) connection.

Problem is: TV when switched to the correct imput indicates "no imput signal".

Question: Why isn't the TV seeing the imput from the 3801? Could it be because I am not using the component video connections at all locations?

I actuall was able to get a "semi" picture yesterday. It was from the DVD and was not stable. It was rolling like the horizontal adjust was not holding.

I can only get a picture when I change to all S-video connections on all units.

Thanks is advance for any help.

BTW, this is my first post and feel that I have discovered a great group of home theatre buffs.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
The Denon 3801 does not upconvert s-video to component video. This is a relatively new feature on a/v receivers. In order to view s-video, you have to run s-video from the receiver to the TV. That is the problem with the s-video. The DVD player sounds like you have your cables crossed up someplace. Double check your connections. Make sure they are in the correct places and red matches to red, green to green and blue to blue.

waterline

Auditioning
Real Name
Tom
Thanks Jeff. I finally got it working. I read every manual except for the DVD instructions... when you use the component video out, you must switch the unit to "progressive" to get the output correct. It is working great and the picture on this 73" is totally unreal.. And best of all, NO screen reflection of all the lights in the room.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks