What's new

Demonstrative Speech: WS vs FS help (1 Viewer)

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
Hey guys so I have to do a demonstrative speech for 5-7 minutes using a 2d and a 3d visual aid. I figure this is a great way to help educate people during class. Now i need some help on gathering enough info to meet the time requirement plus any help you guys can think of. Don't be shy guys give me a hand :)

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
2-D visual aid: a poster with four pictures; a 16 by 9 image, a 16 by 9 image reformatted to 4 by 3, a 4 by 3 image, and a 4 by 3 image stretched to fit a 16 by 9 screen.

3-D visual aid: 61" Samsung DLP RPTV showing the first five minutes from AKIRA.

The class will hardly notice you'll have no need to say anything else :D

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
FANTASTIC 2D examples Garrett!

For 3d...

I would suggest buying a WS edition and a Pan N Scan edition of a DVD. Don't unwrap the P+S so you can return it for a refund afterwords :)

Other ideas - popcorn. Remote control.

Or just go for the completely different - out of bounds -

Bring in a GI Joe - "Thi is VHS on a 25" Screen in momo'
Then open the door for a fully decked out soldier waiting outside.
This is home theater!"

Or even better, a barbie and a bikini model! (Or just an attractive blonde in an outfit matching barbie)

Or, get one balloon filled with helium and another with helium and hydrogen (experement to find the right - and safe - mix) Hold out the helium one labled "VHS" and hold a match to it. Then the other call it "Home theater" and light it up for a great reaction from the audience!

I could go on and on....

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
take a dollar bill - maybe you could make a huge photocopy so the whole class can see it.

show them what it looks like "wide-screen".

then, tear off the edges and show them what it looks like "full-screen".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks