What's new

DELL 37" LCD TV (1 Viewer)

Spencer M

Grip
Have a family member looking at one. Anyone have any experience with them good or bad? Who makes their panel? thanks
-Spencer

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
I used to work for DELL. There TV's are made by panasonic or something. The panels flat out suck. I used to have to stare at them during work. They are somewhat competitive in their price, but everytime I sold one I knew I was just selling a terrible product. I have heard horror stories. Some people got the TV's with bugs wedged in them. Alot of returns, and exchanges. Just disasterous TV's.

Reid_J

Grip
I was looking at the same set a few months ago. My options were limited since I was trying to fit the largest screen possible into an armoire in our living room, which meant the smallest case reveal around the edges and no speakers. After exhaustive research, I went with a Panasonic TH37PWD8UK EDTV plasma for around $1200 (stand, tv board and shipping were extra). All in, I think everything cost around $1500 or so. It is a commercial set, so you would need to also buy BIC tips (about $6 at Radio Shack) and there are not as many connectors on the back unless you add them. There is also a HDTV version of this model (the TH37PHD8UK) that runs about $1800.

It all depends on what is important to you and whether you'd be willing to put a little extra effort into the setup. I can tell you that the Panasonic displays are very highly rated, and HD on my EDTV looks absolutely amazing. At this screen size, and with the $600 difference in cost, I don't regret getting the ED version one bit (any larger, though, and I would have gone with true HD).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks