What's new

DeepDiscount.com - Are these people slow or something? (1 Viewer)

Jefferson

Supporting Actor
Good point.
But even proper packaging at the company does not
guarantee WHAT will happen on its perilous journey with the US mail.
Gosh, i know it sounds defensive...well, maybe it is, since i used to be in the shipping business. Can you understand why i got out of it? :)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I just placed my first order with them last week. SWEET HOME ALABAMA and MICKEY BLUE EYES, a real good price, both for $24 and change. I had looked at ordering a number of titles from them in the past, but always held off and wound up getting those somewhere else, or just waiting. Anyway, they said it shipped the next day. Now I'm waiting on receipt. I'll follow up with my experience for others consideration.

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
The saga continues :frowning: . I placed orders for several items that have suddenly and unexpectedly gone on backorder (after having shown 'in stock' status on the site). 10 days later and they are telling me the items are on 'pick' but don't really know how many days/weeks/yards it will take to ship items placed on 'pick' status. These guys are not living in the modern era of etailing with information that is supposed to be forwarded in a timely manner to CSR's and to status pages.

Has anyone actually been able to get anything shipped within 24 hours of placing an order? I should think that the majority of the orders should have that goal in mind. I understand the issue of price vs. performance. These guys have been in the past price leaders, then lost some of that status to aggressive B&M's and lately have been able to find some price leadership again. Performance leaders they are not. On the other hand I am not in a hurry for the titles I place with them and don't care at all how long the shipping process takes once shipped (it is after all out of their hands at that point). I just wish they would get their IT in order with at least a sneakernet or a local area network approach of collectively communicating orders placed, processed, shipped between the various affected departments.

Joel

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Well I got the order I mentioned above. Also on Feb. 17th or 18th I ordered Stargate UE and I received it yesterday. Not too shabby. So far my experiences with them have been fairly decent and I will probably continue to use them, when I don't want to wait for Columbia House. Next up will be Star Trek IV from DDD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks