What's new

DeepDiscount.com - Are these people slow or something? (1 Viewer)

RaulR

Stunt Coordinator
Just venting here, so please bear with me.

Last Friday (Jan. 17), I received an email confirmation that my order had been shipped. I haven't received it yet, so yesterday I emailed them the following message:

When is the estimated date this might arrive? I haven't received it yet.

They replied promptly enough, and their reply was as follows:

Have you not received your order yet? Thank you.

Please contact us if you have any questions.

So I thought -- :confused: Was I not clear? So I sent them this next email:

As I mentioned in my previous message, I have not received it yet. And as I said in my previous message, I do have a question: When is the estimated date for delivery?

That one didn't get a response. This morning, I gave them a call. This was the conversation between me and the phone rep:

Me: Hi, I got an email on January 17 that my order had been shipped, but I haven't received it yet.

Rep: Do you have the order number?

Me: Yes, it's *******.

Rep: We shipped it January 17.

Me: Yes.

Rep: Have you received it yet?

*deep breath* Okay. WHAT THE &%@#$ IS THE MATTER WITH THESE PEOPLE? ARE THEY INHALING HOUSEHOLD CLEANSERS OR SOMETHING?

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor
They probably sent it and it's held up in the mail (some rough weather in alot of the country). If you got free shipping, it goes "media mail" and that can take awhile!

RaulR

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the tip, Jeff. I'll do that if it hasn't arrived by next Monday.

Jim: I understand about delays, but this one was sent priority. Anyway, my frustration is not about the delay so much as the bizarre customer service.

Brian McHale

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian McHale
I've ordered from DDDVD many times. I've had very few problems, but it does take a while for the orders to arrive. I'm in CA and it takes 1-2 weeks. I don't mind the wait because their prices are almost always the best. Also, if you ever need to return a disc, they'll send you a pre-paid return mailer, so I would give their customer service a thumbs up.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
So, wait, you go to the absolute bottom dollar retailer on the internet (which is saying a LOT as the net is filled with morons willing to slit their own throats on pricing), and then you're baffled when thay have poorly trained and pooly motivated customer service?

Not to be rude, but the bottom line is that good service costs good money. You can't shop around for the absolute cheapest ticket in town and then complain that they didn't do the best job. What did you expect?

In my experience, you get what you pay for, period.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
DDD's free mail takes around 10-14 days for me to get it here in Orlando, FL... that is why I always use their priority option (2-3 days).

Maybe they are nicer to me on the phone (they probably see how much stuff I order from them ;) ), but I have actually found DDD to have some of the best CS of any of the other sites.

I also have had nothing but great experiences from DDD. It helps that I live not that far from their base in IL, but I get stuff from them just as quickly as other sites, where I have to pay shipping costs. My return on a defective DVD was also simple and painless. I'm guessing the border crossing was a major factor in any delay. Plus, once it's shipped it's sort of out of their hands.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I love DeepDiscountDVD.com but I never order from them when I am in a hurry to get something.

Mark

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
They ship from Illinois... I usually get things they ship to me in under a week, and I'm in the next state over. I've never had any problems with this company, they have always done me right.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
I love DeepDiscountDVD as well, they have never screwed up on me yet, and as long as you aren't in a a hurry, they are the best. Stuff usually takes a full week to get to me here in northern central KS, though during the Christmas rush it took a full 14 days for my wife's Christmas gift....thankfully I ordered it 3 weeks before Christmas.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I tried twice in the past couple of months to order the DVD "Portrait of Jennie" from DDD, which their website shows at $9.90.

Both times the order was initially acknowledged via e-mail but then ignored. No "order shipped" e-mail, no such order shows up in my status. It's like I never placed the order at all. The first time they told me they didn't know why that happened, and to reorder. The second time they told me that this DVD was not available (discontinued by the manufacturer). I told them they should take it off their website so as not to confuse people. They said they would do that. Several weeks later it's still on there.

So, a word to the wise, despite it showing on their website don't try to order "Portrait of Jennie" from DDD. I just wonder how many other titles this might apply to.

Sean Dayton

Stunt Coordinator
I have had nothing but excellent service from DDD in the last two years. One time a 240$ order was lost. They reshipped UPS next day without question. Other times DVD cases would be damaged or disc's would come loose from their hub. DDD would replace them without question every time. Never had to pick up the phone either. All resolutions where done quickly via their email support.DDD support exceeds alot of the internet DVD vendors.

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
DeepDiscount.com - Are these people slow or something?
That's putting it mildly ;) . I don't know what type of IT people they hire but even one of their CRS's told me 'they're pretty weak' after I complained that they never acknowledged any of my orders and they continously came back to me that aol was rejecting their messages as SPAM :frowning: . Curiously AOL doesn't seem to reject 'any' spam from my experience, unless I specifically ask them to block a particular address. This went on for months and they still don't acknowledge anything to me upon shipping -- their website is consistently out of date and their tracking functions are 'dysfunctional' :angry: . I've tried to avoid them except for the rare situation when I don't mind waiting for a hard to find title (for awhile) and their price is clearly among the best.

I realize that many people swear by them :confused:. I guess the 'bar' has been lowered significantly since the days of DVDExpress.com. I don't always feel their prices are as competitive as some of the retailers (expecially during street weeks), though after a title has been out awhile they seem to be a bit more attractive (for some titles).

Joel

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
I think their warehouse is in a remote part of Illinois where the first 50 mile leg of shipping needs to take place on horseback and mule.

Seriously, I receive stuff using Media Mail all the time and it never takes as long as DDD. they used to be quicker...I used to use them all the time. I'd usually get new releases the Monday before street. Now, I'm lucky if I get it the following Friday.

Also, there isn't a huge price difference between Media mail and 1st Class. They should do their customers a favor and ship 1st Class.

And why step up to Priority? By that time, the price is equal to Amazon's anyhow and Amazon ships real quick.

Jefferson

Supporting Actor
I'm sorry that you had trouble with DDDVD.
Not in their defense, but, some people are spoiled by
companies like Amazon, that provide "instant" service.
I did shipping for a major NYC publisher,
and customers were shocked to discover I was one of only THREE, employees processing orders...So, now i never assume that all
companies have a large workforce who can ship with that kind of speed.
I agree with Vince, it is a tradeoff.
Forgo the discount and pay someone who promises quicker
service.

EricCr

Stunt Coordinator
Overall I have been very happy with DDD although on some smaller titles they don't order enough at first and it can take a while for them to get restocked. Just a word of warning about higher prices meaning better service. Many people love DVD Empire, a higher priced site, but if you read some of the posts about getting them to replace lost orders it makes you wonder if paying more really is better CS or not. I am lucky that I have never had a shipment lost although some looked like they got crushed in shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks