What's new

Deep Space Nine: For the Fans (1 Viewer)

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
When (not if) DS9 is being remastered, it will not be in secret. We’ll know. And it’ll be like the Director’s Cut of TMP, premiering on P+ before any home video release.

Bingo.

If this had been real news, it wouldn't have been only on a Shithole clickbait fake news site in March and not be discussed by anyone until a month later. The legit Trek sites would be trumpeting this as loudly as possible. ViacomCBS would have press releases. It wouldn't be a secret that only one crap site and its little cut and paste barnacles posts about.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
They would have almost certainly teased it during Star Trek Day too.

The promos for Star Trek Day included DS9 and VOY clips and those clips were definitely upscaled from the standard definition masters. They didn’t even take HD clips from the recent documentaries that had snippets of the original film in HD.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I still think it will happen, and the TMP-DC is something of a test run, but we’re several years away from it. If we’re lucky, an announcement could be made for DS9’s 30th anniversary in 2023.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I still think it will happen, and the TMP-DC is something of a test run, but we’re several years away from it. If we’re lucky, an announcement could be made for DS9’s 30th anniversary in 2023.

I also think they're going to have to eventually do it to futureproof both DS9 and Voyager. The only question is will they do it correctly like they did TNG, or half-ass it.

Personally, when I see the articles stating that they spend around $10 million per episode for these new turds that fall out of Paramount Plus on a nearly weekly basis, I get a bit disappointed since for the cost of two or three of those things, DS9 could get a full and proper remaster.

84lion

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alan McKown
Anyone with the Region 2 Deep Space Nine Full Journey set that could comment on the quality of the video especially the first season? The first season video on the Region 1 Complete Series set is rather poor what with jaggies and other artifact issues. Video quality seems to improve in the later seasons. But I am curious if the Region 2 set has overall better video quality – would it be enough of an “upgrade?”

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks