What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Deep Impact Special Collector's Edition (1 Viewer)

Scotty_McW

Second Unit
Wouldn't you know it? I bought the old version and about a week later this special edition was announced. Since I only spent $9 I can't count it as too much of a loss. I'll definitely be picking this up.

Kami

Screenwriter
A must buy for me, one of my biggest "guilty" pleasures...

The current transfer looks atrocious on my 50" hdtv - new anamorphic transfer = :emoji_thumbsup:

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
Im Buying.

And this gives hope that we will see an Anamorphic SE of EVENT HORIZON from Paramount one day soon

Chris Rein

Stunt Coordinator
What the hell? I thought Paramount was all about using DTS on their upcoming discs? We're stuck here with the Jack Ryan Trilogy with DTS, but nothing else.

Hmm, they need to do a test on a current movie (so does Warner) to determine if there is enough interest for a DTS track. These older movies "redone" business just blows.

Frank@N

Screenwriter

Not to complain, but with Paramount double-dipping so infrequently, did they have to re-do Deep Impact?

Is this actually a good flick? Maybe so...

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
This too is one of my all time favorite apocalyptic movies. Just wished it was a director's cut and included a doc on what a real "deep impact" would be like. From what I have read scientifically, if a meteor or comet came in to strike the earth it would come in so fast that we wouldn't even see it hit - no vapor trail, nothing. It would not skirt the sky as it does in the movie. Some artistic liberties taken but effective.

I too am no advocate of DTS and would rather have the free space also for better quality transfers and/or more short features.

AaronMK

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Aaron Karp
This is one that I have wanted to have a 16x9 transfer of for a while. While I would have appreciated the inclusion of a DTS track, I'm very happy Paramount saw it fit to give it a new transfer. Especially after what happened with Ransom, I'll be more than happy with this release.

If the first Mission: Impossible gets similar treatment, I'd also be very happy.

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
For the longest time, October 19th was listed as this DVD's release date. Has it indeed been moved up to October 5th?

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
It's anamorphic, so I'll be getting it. I would have liked a DTS track, though.

Mike

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Is there no "director's" or extended cut? I only ask this because while I liked the movie, it did seem like it lost quite a bit to the editing room (that's what I felt like when I watched it) and I always thought it would be a natural candidate for an extended version.

Is this the version the director's happy with, or was it just not a big enough hit to warrant her revisiting and re-cutting it?

Either way, I passed on the original due to non-anamorphicness, I will probably pick this one up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alianalbuck
Recent bookmarks