What's new

Dedicated Home Theater (1 Viewer)

Hanzabam Naocha

Auditioning
Real Name
Naocha
Hi,

I am planning to built a dedicated home theater which has already included in my house plan. A room of 18 by 12 (foot), the height being 9 ft, is kept reserved. My budget is 2.5k (only for most of the stuffs such as Projector, AV receivers, Projector screen, speakers and not for ambience related expenses which have already been included in my housing budget). I am thinking of a 7.1 surround sound with in-wall speakers installed. My desire is to have an acoustically transparent screen. My queries: -

1. Which blu ray player should i buy ( I can spend another 800 bucks not included in the above budget)
2. Considering that my room will be pitch dark, which projector should i buy. I am not too much interested in 3D projectors.
3. Regarding the transparent screen, from where should i buy and how much it will cost aprrox.
4. Advise one bestbuy AV receiver.
5. A 7.1 sound system my money can get. (i dont have problem installing speakers and sub-woofer of different companies)
6. Will i be able to play movies using my PC/laptop through the AV receiver via HDMI cable.

That's all.

Thanks and regards,

H Naocha

Real Name
Alexander
At 2500$ budget, I'd likely forget the acoustically transparent screen, personally. Also, how big are you thinking of going? That makes a difference in equipment choices.
If u end up with fixed screen, or painted wall screen option, yes, you can do inwalls, above the screen (I suggest klipsch high sensitivity adjustable horn inwalls, as they are dynamic n detailed likely, n acoustic friendly! Also easy to drive with lower budget receivers, n I suggest Denon with Klipdchies fer great sound! Then match sub, budget bluray is fine ( included w WiFi n Netflix saves u money, otherwise do Roku, Amazon firestick etc fer streaming )
Match sub size fer room size ( I suggest used fer saving on budget) m read reviews (10-8" fer medium or small n 12" + fer larger, maybe X2). Then get good monster cable surge n ull be good.
Size of screen again??

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks