What's new

Decent 2.0 computer speakers (1 Viewer)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I'm currently using a 2.1 Altec Lansing speaker setup on my computer, and I'd like to stop using the subwoofer. I'm living on the second floor of an apartment complex, and I don't want to disturb my neighbors below me. Any suggestions?

BradJudy

Stunt Coordinator
Swan M200s are a good option if you need them to be powered. You could also look at pro-audio powered monitors.

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
Check the Onix/Rocket Tyke system (AV123.com); looks really cool for the purpose. AV123 is a great company to deal with too. Check to see if they have one available in "B" stock for even greater savings! :emoji_thumbsup:

-THTS

"...hi, my name is Frank...and am an SVS bassaholic..."

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
If you have the space around your computer, I would strongly recommend getting an inexpensive receiver - an old 2-channel or otherwise retired power amp - and mating it with a decent small pair of bookshelf speakers.

For example, we've got an old Yamaha RX-V870 (used to be in the home theater) running the computer sound. Then get a pair of, say, NHT SuperZeros, SB-1s, or something like that, or some of the Atom or Quart speakers from other makers (I haven't been keeping close watch on speakers recently.)

Anyway, a real volume control is very nice to have.

Leo Kerr

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Sorry, I forgot to mention the budget. :b I've got $150-200 to spend.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks