Decent 2.0 computer speakers

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by ThomasC, Sep 25, 2004.

1. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

I'm currently using a 2.1 Altec Lansing speaker setup on my computer, and I'd like to stop using the subwoofer. I'm living on the second floor of an apartment complex, and I don't want to disturb my neighbors below me. Any suggestions?

2. BradJudy

BradJudy Stunt Coordinator

Swan M200s are a good option if you need them to be powered. You could also look at pro-audio powered monitors.

3. frank manrique

frank manrique Supporting Actor

Check the Onix/Rocket Tyke system (AV123.com); looks really cool for the purpose. AV123 is a great company to deal with too. Check to see if they have one available in "B" stock for even greater savings! [​IMG]

-THTS

"...hi, my name is Frank...and am an SVS bassaholic..."

4. Leo Kerr

Leo Kerr Screenwriter

If you have the space around your computer, I would strongly recommend getting an inexpensive receiver - an old 2-channel or otherwise retired power amp - and mating it with a decent small pair of bookshelf speakers.

For example, we've got an old Yamaha RX-V870 (used to be in the home theater) running the computer sound. Then get a pair of, say, NHT SuperZeros, SB-1s, or something like that, or some of the Atom or Quart speakers from other makers (I haven't been keeping close watch on speakers recently.)

Anyway, a real volume control is very nice to have.

Leo Kerr

5. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

Sorry, I forgot to mention the budget. :b I've got $150-200 to spend.