What's new

Decent 2.0 computer speakers (1 Viewer)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I'm currently using a 2.1 Altec Lansing speaker setup on my computer, and I'd like to stop using the subwoofer. I'm living on the second floor of an apartment complex, and I don't want to disturb my neighbors below me. Any suggestions?

BradJudy

Stunt Coordinator
Swan M200s are a good option if you need them to be powered. You could also look at pro-audio powered monitors.

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
Check the Onix/Rocket Tyke system (AV123.com); looks really cool for the purpose. AV123 is a great company to deal with too. Check to see if they have one available in "B" stock for even greater savings! :emoji_thumbsup:

-THTS

"...hi, my name is Frank...and am an SVS bassaholic..."

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
If you have the space around your computer, I would strongly recommend getting an inexpensive receiver - an old 2-channel or otherwise retired power amp - and mating it with a decent small pair of bookshelf speakers.

For example, we've got an old Yamaha RX-V870 (used to be in the home theater) running the computer sound. Then get a pair of, say, NHT SuperZeros, SB-1s, or something like that, or some of the Atom or Quart speakers from other makers (I haven't been keeping close watch on speakers recently.)

Anyway, a real volume control is very nice to have.

Leo Kerr

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Sorry, I forgot to mention the budget. :b I've got $150-200 to spend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bill scruggs
Recent bookmarks