What's new

DECADES TV Network Rebranding to CATCHY-Comedy TV March 27, 2023. (1 Viewer)

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
FYI, PLUTO is running "I LOVE LUCY" in HD, along with "DARK SHADOWS" and they all seem to be uncut. However, you cannot record on Pluto.

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
Not much entertainment value in one year's worth repeated like that, is there?
Especially when the second and third rerun years featured the entire Quentin Collins storyline when the program reached its peak of popularity in its original run on ABC afternoons during 1968-69.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I had a look at Weigel Broadcasting’s website. I had not known of all the channels they own, DecadesTV, MeTV, H&H, StartTV, StoryTelevision and Movies! Of all those, I have seen only Decades and MeTV.

I had a not watched MeTV too much recently but I had been a semi regular viewer. I still check in every now and then. In looking at the MeTV website, I see they broadcast nearly all the shows seen on DecadesTV on their regular schedule as well as the shows that are binged on the weekend. One surprise is they broadcast Thunderbirds! Though no Get Smart or Dick Cavett. However the site says Get Smart is on Sunday nights at 1:00 AM on what they call; Last Laughs. I don’t see it, so maybe it’s not on the current schedule of rotation.

So it seems a lot of the material on DecadesTV is still available on MeTV. But the Decades spin is no longer available. Perhaps Weigel in their need to chase after advertising dollars felt Decades was repeating the same material that their other stations Broadcast.

I’m glad we had the chance to sample what Decades was broadcasting, it’s made my DVD and blu ray collection larger.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I had a look at Weigel Broadcasting’s website. I had not known of all the channels they own, DecadesTV, MeTV, H&H, StartTV, StoryTelevision and Movies! Of all those, I have seen only Decades and MeTV.

I had a not watched MeTV too much recently but I had been a semi regular viewer. I still check in every now and then. In looking at the MeTV website, I see they broadcast nearly all the shows seen on DecadesTV on their regular schedule as well as the shows that are binged on the weekend. One surprise is they broadcast Thunderbirds! Though no Get Smart or Dick Cavett. However the site says Get Smart is on Sunday nights at 1:00 AM on what they call; Last Laughs. I don’t see it, so maybe it’s not on the current schedule of rotation.

So it seems a lot of the material on DecadesTV is still available on MeTV. But the Decades spin is no longer available. Perhaps Weigel in their need to chase after advertising dollars felt Decades was repeating the same material that their other stations Broadcast.

I’m glad we had the chance to sample what Decades was broadcasting, it’s made my DVD and blu ray collection larger.
Proves there is GOLD in them reruns! I wish the local indies would ditch the screamfests and hate shows and all show classic TV ---- WPIX was the best years ago -- they have success with Antenna TV and most of those shows aired on WPIX years ago

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Nexstar BUT WPIX shows news from 4:30am to 11am then 4pm tp 7 then 10pm to 11 I gave up on them long ago
Only time it is watchable is 12am Sunday 1hr of Honeymooners

Claude North

Second Unit
Watching THE MOD SQUAD binge -- a last hurrah. They're running one promo for the rebranding, but they're still showing several promos for the old lineup, which makes no sense considering that the new lineup begins on Monday morning.

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
I’ll miss seeing Dick Cavett reruns. Such a great host. Wish late night TV of today had someone as classy as Dick Cavett on

Absolutely. There was serious discussion but the emphasis was mainly on comedy. They could have tucked it at 2:AM and we'd happily record it, but no, we need more "Lucy" reruns.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Watching THE MOD SQUAD binge -- a last hurrah. They're running one promo for the rebranding, but they're still showing several promos for the old lineup, which makes no sense considering that the new lineup begins on Monday morning.
I noticed the same about the promos for the Decades line-up given today is the last day of the old format. Initially, I’d wondered if the Decades brand is still being used. Maybe someone is hoping the formate change won’t happen?

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
but no, we need more "Lucy" reruns.

I'll be honest-- that hit 50s CBS comedy does have a reputation that cannot be disputed, but personally, two seasons' worth of it was all I could stand when I had it on DVD.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
With so many people here mourning the lose of the Dick Cavett show the from Decades line-up, I was curious if it was ever released on any home video formats. I’d seen a few of the Dick Cavett shows on Decades, but wasn’t a regular. From what I’d seen, they were good!

With a quick check, I see there are Dick Cavett show DVDs on Amazon. The sets are collections based on great comics, rock music legends, (plus I found a separate release of the John Lennon interview), Hollywood Greats, Authors, Inside the Minds of and That’s the way it is. It’s also streaming on Amazon Prime. I could not help but wonder if the shows that Decades aired are the same content that’s available on the DVDs. If so that might be cool.

The shows I saw when it aired on Decades was an interview with James Garner, Roger Moore (but I wonder if I saw that on YouTube), and Anthony Quinn was a memorable one. The interviews were of a different time and the guests were not there just to sell something.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks