What's new

Deadwood: episode 2 (1 Viewer)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
did anyone catch tonight's Deadwood? I thought it was much better than the first...things are starting to come to a head as the antagonistic Al Swearagen tests Seth Bullock. they haven't even scratched the surface with Wild Bill. I'm looking forward to next Sunday's episode.

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
I thought it was a pretty tense episode. The guy that runs the Gem sure is one sadistic SOB. I sure didn't need to see that guy holding his meat though *shudder*.

Where have I seen the guy that runs the inn before?

I think HBO has another great series, and I don't mind the swearing. There isn't a whole lot more than Six Feet Under - I love that show too but think Nate has a somewhat unrealistically foul mouth ;)

Brian

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
Loved it! The dialog Swearingen and Bolluck was great. I also love the Doc, he showed he's more than Swearingen's lackey.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
The guy that runs the inn is from the Bob Newhart show where he runs the Inn. He was one of the brothers (darryl and this is my other brother darryl)

Todd.Martin

Stunt Coordinator
I thought the show took off last night as we could see some storylines start to develop. The Montana vs Swearengen battle should be good.

The guy playing Swearengen is great.

I could do with less Calamity jane.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
I think E.B. Farnum (William Sanderson) owns the inn, while Al Swearengen (Ian McShane) manages the inn.

This episode had a whole lot more of Brad Dourif, which is a good thing.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Yeah...last night was particularly good. Swearengen is a classic villain. SOOOOOO bad. SOOOO tough.

Bullock vs. Swearengen is building up well...I just hope they throw down in the finale. I don't want to wait a year.

Greg Krewet

Premium
Supporter
I am wondering if Hickock will last this whole season. He has already had two encounters with the man who historically is given credit for killing him.Hickock's time
in Deadwood is about a month and we seem to be on about day
5 or 6 time wise. Carradine is great here but pales in relation to Jeff Corey's Hickock portrayal in Little Big Man.
Best
Greg

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I had a question. I was watching Deadwood last night and I noticed there is an actor who has my name Jim Beaver who is in the opening credits but when I went to HBO.com to learn more about him and his character I was surprised to find no mention of him on the characters page. So can anyone tell me why he is in the opening credits and what character does he play?

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
what was with wild bill's shaky hands? do you think that he does opium like the out of town lady? (who also had the shakes)?

Matthew_S

Second Unit
yeah, last night's episode has me hooked. I wasn't sure after episode 1 but i did what i always do with a good hbo show....i look at my watch to make sure it's not getting close to the end! By the way Greg, who killed hickock (in historical terms)?

Todd.Martin

Stunt Coordinator
For those wondering about Bill's demise:

Wild Bill sat down for a poker game at Nuttall & Mann's No. 10 saloon. At the table were Carl Mann, owner of the saloon, Captain William R. Massic, a former Missouri River pilot, and Charles Rich, a gambler, gunman, and friend of Wild Bill's. For the first time, he was sitting with his back to the door instead of to a wall. Jack McCall, a 25 year old drifter, shot Wild Bill in the back of the head, to enhance his own reputation. At the time he died, Wild Bill was holding two black aces, two black eights, and the jack of diamonds, now forever called the deadman's hand.

Blu

Screenwriter
Deadwood has the potential to be a amazing series! Almost as good as The Shield or the Sopranos before S4!!!!

I am enjoying this show very much!!

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I thought last nights episode was awesome, just fantastic.

I didn't realize how much money Seth and his partner(?) have, looking to buy the Lot and soon open up a bank. Also, Seth doesn't take s*** from nobody, he was right there in Al's face; given how much of a badass Al has to be to own that town in a sense(runs the liquor, Woman, AND gambling?).

Matthew_S

Second Unit
thanks for the info, todd...i read somewhere that this show is obviously not straight-ahead historical fact...i'd be interested to hear what is truth and what is not as the season progresses...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks