What's new

DBS Transponder Question.. (1 Viewer)

Marv

Stunt Coordinator
I have a single LNB RCA DBS dish. I'm having problems getting all the transpoders when I'm in the dish setup signal strength menu. Out of the 32 transponders I have uper 90's strength on 11 of them and uper 80's on 1 them and 0 on the rest of them. I no longer get many of the channels I have programing for and the blank channels tell me to move the dish 3 degrees. I noticed this problem a couple days after a storm went thru so I assumed the wind had moved the dish slightly. I have realigned it with no luck. So I'm thinking it's the LNB or the receiver. Any one out there ever had a problem like this?

-Marv

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It could be the LNB but it's probably an F-connector. If it happened right after a rain, water could have leaked into the connection causing a short. Start at the dish unscrewing each connection and check for stray strands of shielding touching the center conductor. If they are wet, let them dry out. For outside connections I use F-connectors with O-rings built in.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks