What's new

Dayton Sub Upgrade (1 Viewer)

LuckyB

Agent
I have Athena Micra6 satellite speakers with M225 downfiring 8" 75-watt subwoofer, thinking about upgrading the sub to 100-watt Dayton 10" for $150 shipped from PartsExpress.Com.
Is it worth to upgrade or should I just stick with this Athena 8" sub until I save up some more $$$ to get the Velodyne, HSU or even SVS subs maybe in the next few years?

David Bikeman

Stunt Coordinator
Is it worth to upgrade?

Yes. Most definitely.

should I just stick with this Athena 8" sub until I save up some more $$$ to get the Velodyne, HSU or even SVS subs maybe in the next few years?

It might be worth waiting if were a matter of months but a few years is way too long to wait. Go for the Dayton.

David

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
Yup, I upgraded from an HK sub to the Dayton with a BFD and have no regrets now. I am eventually going to go SVS or IB, but I rent an Apt right now, so no place for either of those :)

LuckyB

Agent
Is the BFD required with Dayton sub in order to achieve deep clean bass? I heard BFD are cheaply made..:confused:

David Bikeman

Stunt Coordinator
I consider the BFD a requirement with all non-EQ'ed subs.
The BFD is not cheaply made. It's an inexpensive unit that does things that usually cost a lot more. You have to expect some compromises. That dosen't equate to cheap.

David

LuckyB

Agent
Is it hard to hook this BFD up to my 1014?
Regular RCA cable or something special?

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
I wouldn't use the bfd for what it was really designwed for, but for a Para eq for a sub, it is PERFECT!

Will need 2-1/4 to rca adapters

My Dayton sounds soo good now with the BFD I can realy not imagine having anything bigger, deeper or more powerful in my current environment now. My wife is constantly asking me to lower it because the house is shaking.
I can certainly feel it in my room.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks