What's new

Dayton RCA Audio/Video Cables (1 Viewer)

Arron H

Second Unit
I am considering buying 5 of the Dayton RCA Audio/Video Cable 3' cables from Parts Express to hook up my receiver to my new amp (part # 181-662). Is anyone using these? Is the quality of these cables decent? I am not expecting miracles considering that the cables cost only $14.40 each but my funds are somewhat limited at this point and at $72 for all 5 cables, I feel that they deserve a look. Are there any other cables in this price range that also deserve a look? I noticed AR performance series at Best Buy for $12.99 per pair which would be a really inexpensive alternative.

Arron H

Second Unit
Hopefully Chu Gai will read this post. Chu, are the Daytons listed above the "generics" that you are using? I noticed in another thread that you indicated that you are using generic Daytons and have not had any problems. I didn't realize there were so many posts about "which inexpensive interconnect" so hopefully, I won't get flamed for asking this question once again :b

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
Dayton is the house brand for partsexpress. I respect the company's buying power and general reliability to extend to their "parts." Dayton may be the Chevrolet of wires/cables and what's wrong with that? Do we have to feel badly we dont buy a Corvette?

Expect miracles? That's falling for the audiophile wire mantra that niggles us to suspect we're aren't spending enough. Bull. Be satisfied/happy/content with these house brand cables. And if some extra bucks come along later, maybe, just maybe, one can "upgrade."

bill

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
I've got some Daytons which my son uses...They work just fine and were bought when his other cables 'mysteriously' became defective (I suspect creative hands mixed with an electric guitar were at the root). Also some time ago, I think in Tweaks I posted an experience with the Daytons at a high end (you know...snobby) audio emporium in NYC where my son switched the store's uber-interconnects with those and the salesman had raved to us about how the uber-interconnect was so revealing and all those other stupid adjectives and adverbs. I generally feel better if you buy me dinner before you try to screw me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks