Serial Digital cable for interconnects

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by Bob Y., Nov 25, 2005.

1. Bob Y.

Bob Y. Auditioning

Hi,
    I have a good amount of Liberty Wire and Cable Serial Digital cable, #18-CMR-SD . (libertycable.com)
    Can I use this type of cable for all interconnections?
    For the Audio, Component Video, Composite Video I'd use it with Dayton RCA crimp-on connectors from Parts Express (PartsExpress.com P/N 091-1060)
    For the Digital Cable and Cable Modem feeds I'd use it with RG-6 crimp-on "F" conncectors.

Also, What are your thoughts on Belden cable 1035a for all speaker connections.

Thanks for any advice.
    Bob Y.

2. Leo Kerr

Leo Kerr Screenwriter

SDI cable is usually a pretty good RG-6, generally capable of supporting several GHz bandwidth.

Leo

3. Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins HW Reviewer
    HW Reviewer

For about $1 more per plug you can get Canare RCAP crimp on RCAs. They're pretty much the industry standard and work extremely well (solid connection without gripping so tight you risk damaging equipment). No matter what plugs you use make sure you have the propper size crimper/die.

4. Bob Y.

Bob Y. Auditioning

Thanks for the advice. I ordered a crimper dye set.

5. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

I use liberty compression plugs for the custom IC's that I make for clients and they're easy to work with and grip nicely.