What's new

Dark Shadows DVD set? (1 Viewer)

Blu

Screenwriter
I've never seen Dark Shadows (except for a few minutes on Scifi channel) but after seeing the first DVD set coming out in a couple of weeks I decided to read up on the series. This set looks intruiging, 40 episodes spread out over 4 disks. Is anyone else planning on getting this set and the next one in June?

What I would hate happen is to get the set, get hooked and the company decide not to put out anymore of the series.

Jeff Swindoll

Supporting Actor
I'm very doubtful that MPI would stop putting out the series. They put the whole thing out on VHS, a little at a time. I was very surprised that they're putting out the 2nd set so soon actually. At least they didnt put it out a few at a time like they did with the Granada Sherlock Holmes discs. Cheers.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Blu, I can tell you that I just received a review copy of this and will be reviewing it for TVShowsOnDVD. I hope that I can write it up and that Gord will be able to post the review by end-of-day Sunday.

Initial impression is positive, but I have only just barely scratched the surface...I might just be judging the book by it's cover. Let me say no more for now, but keep an eye out for the review over there at Gord's site, okay?

The set streets next Tuesday, and I'm sure it won't be the type of item that gets overnight drop-shipped into stores, so I should have the review up in time to help you to decide if this is worth getting.

Blu

Screenwriter
Excellent Review Dave!

I shall endeavor to pick up this series if I can find it in town or order it ASAP!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks