What's new

Dark Cloud 2 (1 Viewer)

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Rob: They do have WHP this time around (Weapon Hit Points), but when you run out, the weapon isn't gone forever - you just need to repair it.

By the way, the weapon upgrade system this time around is MUCH better. So much better that it's actually really fun to do. No more mysterious gems that you have to win from fishing.

The story is also vastly improved. I actually give a crap as to what's happening.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
With the first Dark Cloud, more than half of the really helpful aspects of gameplay were not explicitly explained. After a lot of stumbling around, I finally got the 'gist' of the game, but not without struggling with the 'rubik's cube'-like menu interface.

Once I got started in the first game, it was much easier to proceed and acquire better weapons, but it was still painfully difficult to 'build up' to 'super weapons' without the aforementioned 'gems.'

The sequel's bottom line is that everything is a little clearer, a little less frustrating, isn't dumbed down difficulty-wise, and is a lot more fun. :emoji_thumbsup:

~j

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Okay, I'm stuck. Quick question regarding Chapter 3:

How do I resurrect the bistro in Balance Valley? I've already been through the first three levels of the dungeon and could only put together the Chinese cart so far. Anyone been here yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks