What's new

Custom Simpson Season 11 inner DVD cases (1 Viewer)

MattHR

Screenwriter
I couldn't find any threads addressing this issue, but if one exists, the mods can move this post.

I'm as sick-and-tired as the next collector when it comes to the continued use of crappy, gimmick packaging, but I've come to realize there's no way of stopping it. No matter how much we complain, the studios find even more ways to piss us off -- and it's almost as if it's on purpose!

The Simpsons: Season 11 has got to be the worst packaging yet for a popular title from a major studio. I decided to make my own inner cases to replace the very awkward and disc-scratching cardboard "accordion". I made both a standard 4-disc Amaray and two double-thin case versions. They fit a bit snug at first, but after a few inserts-and removals, they look and feel as though they were original packaging. There's even just enough room for the extra-thick booklet along side/between the inner cases.

If anyone wants to use them, here are the links to the uploaded print files (300 dpi jpg; approx. 1.4 mb each)...

Standard-size Amaray (holds all 4 discs) swoopshare - simpsons_s11_dvd_amaray_300dpi_jpg.jpg

Double-slim case #1 (holds discs 1 & 2) swoopshare - simpsons_s11_dvd_slim1_300dpi_jpg.jpg

Double-slim case #2 (holds discs 3 & 4) swoopshare - simpsons_s11_dvd_slim2_300dpi_jpg.jpg

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
Nice job, Matt. I wasn 't so worried about the gimmicky packaging once I saw that the"Krusty Kover" was removable, but the inner packaging, while pleasing to the eye, is a disaster. I was just thinking of replacing it with those Mylar sleeves, but maybe your way would be better.

Football2009

Auditioning
Real Name
John Richards
Do you have any tips for those wanting to make dvd covers? Any good tutorials, sources of logos, etc? Thanks.

Joe Isham

Stunt Coordinator
Any chance you could post these elsewhere? I keep getting errors when I try to download from Swoopshare. Thanks!

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I took my Disks out of that :thumbsdown:"Accordion":thumbsdown: and placed them in four Thin-Pack "Jewel Cases" that I normally use for my Home Video (Camcorder) DVDs. They fit in the Outer Case nicely!:emoji_thumbsup:

Mr. Film

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keegan
I don't buy many TV shows because they don't have much replay value in them for me, so I have no clue what you are talking about with the case issue. So my question is, what's wrong with the case it came in?

dprevett

Auditioning
Real Name
Donald
I'd like to second Joe Isham's request - Swoopshare gives me the same error message. The double-slim covers in particular would be greatly appreciated...

Jay*W

Second Unit
Matt,

Sorry to bother you, but do you have any plans to create similar covers for Season 12? I love what you did for Season 11!

Thanks,

Jay

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Recently I took ALL of my Simpson DVDs and placed them in Multi-Disk Cases from shop4tech.com. I did this to make more space for additional Series . The last Case has enough space for all the Season 12 Disks to fit in. All I have to do is wait for the price to drop to a reasonable amount!

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
As creative as the original cases are, we're up to season 12, with 20 on the way and presumably 13-19. That takes up a LOT of space in my shelving lol. I'm thinking I'll just tear all the dvds out of their boxes sometime in the future and put them in one of those binder-books--something that might take up like 1/10th the space of the physical dvd packaging. Same goes for Buffy, Dallas and a host of other long-run series that take up too damn much space in my house!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks