What's new

CT-15 vs SPL1200 Series 2 (1 Viewer)

Bill*L

Grip
I currently have the original CT-15 and I have been happy with it but like the typical home theater enthusiast, I am always looking for ways to improve my system. My question is will the SPL-1200 be an improvement or is the 15 going to out perrform the 1200 because of the 15" driver? Will the 1200 have a cleaner, more defined sound? Will it goes as low?

Thanks for any help on this decision?

DavidGT

Stunt Coordinator
Funny you should ask. I just got an SPL1200 II last fri and it’s pretty powerful. A lot more powerful than my previous SPL1000. The CT150 is maybe 15” but the SPL has twice the amount of wattage and it goes down to 22hz. And IMO I prefer the SPL subs over the CHT’s as they do better with music yet brutish enough for HT. I think you're leaning in the right direction.
If you’re interested PM me and I’ll tell you where to get it for $1K shipped.

Bill*L

Grip
Thanks David.
In reading tons of reviews, I am considering the possiblity of either the SPL1200 or the SVS PB2+. They both run close in price but I have no way of hearing the SVS so Velodyne has the edge at this point. I know that SVS has a 45 day return policy but shipping will cost me
somewhere around $250 if I dont like it. Seems risky to me. Anyone think its worth the risk? Would it be as accurate as the Velodyne?

mackie

Supporting Actor
I have the SPL 1000 II, and I'm very happy with it. It's very musical and has plenty of power for home theater. I always seem to be playing a movie or listening to music, and I've never wished I had more sub. It does a command performance with The Lord of the Rings movies or any other action movie you throw at it, and music is dead-on accurate even the low, fast passages from Tool. I imagine the SPL 1200 will be even better. One big bonus is that it's small. I looked at the big subs from Paradigm, Velodyne, B&W..., and frankly I didn't want something that big in my living room.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks