What's new

CSI: Miami cast change (1 Viewer)

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
According to Entertainment Tonight, this will happen in the first episode of the Third Season:

http://et.tv.yahoo.com/tv/2004/08/04...i_seasonthree/

What's contradicts this article is that there is a replacement being sought, according to the TV show.

However, a big spoiler MIGHT be given at TV Tome's Web page for CSI: Miami. So head on over to www.tvtome.com (or http://epguides.com/), search for CSI: Miami, and see who MIGHT be gone if you like to be spoiled before the show airs. I had seen this before this promo so I was already surprised (spoiled) by this revelation.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
I'm not surprised at all. "Miami" is just an excuse for David Caruso to appear pensive and noble, and for a procedural crime drama, they sure like to focus much more on the drama than they do on crime or procedure.
Rory Cochrane isn't a half-bad actor, and I felt he was being wasted in "Miami". I hope his movie career picks up where it left off.
I know the show isn't exactly a sinking ship, but they've made some bad choices (Caruso and Delaney, for starters), and ruined Emily Proctor for me. I'm hoping this is their last season.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
This has probably been breweing for a long time. I have read that Cochrane has been habitually late for work, partying too hard, etc. As soon as I saw the thread, I knew he was gone.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
More info in today's New York Post:

Here's a quote from the article:

>
Rory Cochrane, who plays Tim "Speed" Speedle, will be killed off in the season opener — an epsiode titled "Lost Son" — according to the fan website CSIfiles.com

Speed and Horatio (played by series star David Caruso) will get into a gunfight with the bad guys while visiting a Miami jewelry shop to investigate a kidnapping — and Speed will be killed in the resulting shootout, the site says.

Cochrane reportedly wanted to be written out of the show earlier — and this is certainly one way to accomplish that.
<

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Eh, no big deal. Most of the CSIs on the Miami edition just don't really elicit a strong reaction one way or the other, probably because most of the characters have bland personalities.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
So that is who they will get rid of.

I wonder if they will get another actor to join the cast.

Jesse, CSI: Miami will continue to be on the air on CBS for a while as long as it's Monday ratings don't drop too much from where they are at (also CSI: Miami has won over Third Watch and Crossing Jordan in that 10 pm ET/PT slot on Mondays when either show was on Monday against CSI Miami).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks