What's new

CSI: Las Vegas season 11 thread (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
So I am watching the episode where theybgo to LA in search of Nate Haskell. We are introduced to a LA csi tech...who is Eckley's estranged daughter. They seemed. To be focusing on her a lot. Almost like it was a pilot for a new show. It's not...but, their was a reason they were focusing on her. She will be a regular on csi next year. So I guess she is moving to Las Vegas. :)

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
What ever happened to "Sqweegel"?:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1640839/

Maybe when they finish with Nate Haskell they'll go back to Sqweegel next season.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Oh, oh. CBS has been promoting a move to Wednesday for CSI. Could this be a sign that CBS is loosing confidence in the ratings winner and is going to kill the show. I still think it's superior to the spin offs. I still have to catch up on the recordings of the last few episodes this past season. I heard a spoiler of other changes.:(

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I think a lot will depend on the actor hired to replace Laurence Fishburne. Obviously, the show still has plenty of life left in it, and a new leading man who could jump start the new season might put the show back among the top rated shows on the network (not that it has fallen THAT far, but it's regularly outrated by both NCIS shows and The Mentalist now).

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
And I just read that Ted Danson has just been signed for that role. So, it WILL be interesting to see how many viewers he will bring to the veteran show.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I really wish the show would not hire any more replacements, but try to make it work with the remaining cast members that they do have.

With TD, I don't doubt that he can handle serious roles, as I thought he was great in Damages.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Walter C said:
I really wish the show would not hire any more replacements, but try to make it work with the remaining cast members that they do have.
I was thinking the same thing but, like you said, Danson is really good so I'm hoping for the best. I'm guessing Larry Fishburne's personal problems with his daughter made him want to leave the show but I always find him interesting so I'll miss his work on the show.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I guess William Peterson will continue to produce the series, assuming he stays in that role, rather then return to play Grissom? It was nice to see him doing the Skype thing with Sara. I'm avoiding any news about the series till I finish watching the last 4 episodes of last season to avoid spoilers, so Fishburne leaving is a surprise.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Yeah, I'm willing to give Danson a shot, and see how he fits in with the team.

Also, I don't think hearing about Fishburne's departure would spoil anything from this past season, as it was not known at the time of the season finale. But there may be spoilers would be in the actual news articles, which I made a mistake of reading, as I still have not caught up on the show.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Never bothered me when Warrick and Grissom left the show, but when the Sara Sidle character left, so did I. Haven't watched since. But announced today, Jorja Fox will be back as a full-time character this season. Not sure how to do links, but I bumped into it on MSN in their entertainment section. Looking forward to having her back. Should also be interesting with Ted Danson. He's always remembered for Cheers, but he's much more talented than fluff comedy.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Sara was essentially a series regular the past two seasons, at least. You could have been watching the whole time.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the info Hanson, i'll rent or try to find repeats of those seasons.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I finally saw the final 4 episodes this past season and the resolution of the Nate Haskell storyline. Nothing surprising about why he became a killer, it was good they focused more on Ray's decent due to Haskell torturing him. They did a nice job wrapping that one up. And left the ending vague with Brass and Langston seemingly hiding the truth. I wonder if this whole arc was planned from the first time Langston appears and is interviewing Haskell from his class. I'm not sure I saw the wisdom of the writers to create the Langston character from the start with this violent gene he was born with, but it paid off for the finale as Haskell brought that side of him out and ended his rein of terror. As with the Liev Schreiber, it seemed odd they bring in these flawed characters who die or leave. I guess maybe they were challenging the TV norms or just reflecting life. What I am wondering now is what is going to happen to Catherine. If Ted Danson is joining, will he replace only Langston's character since Fishburne has seemingly decided to leave? I recall some rumblings that Marg wanted to leave. Hate to see that. if this were CSI's final season, I hope the main cast stays to the end. And Grissom returns again. And it seemed that Katie Sackoff was to join, but I guess that didn't work out. And seeing Louise Lombard return was interesting, was that a preview of her return? And the post about Ecklie's daughter above, it does seem they were setting her up to join the crew.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I'm not sure if this is spoiler worthy, but for those who would consider it as such...

Re Ted Danson's character

He replaces Fishbourne. CBS didn't renew his contract due to the dip in ratings since he came on board.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks