What's new

CS_ULTRA and amp for sale!! (1 Viewer)

David Giles

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, first of all, I’m quite aware that I may need counseling, so please keep those comments to yourself :)
Anyway, here’s the deal. I received my CS_Ultra November 20, 2001, along with a Samson S700. It is MORE subwoofer than I need in my current situation. My current HT room is only about 1,500 cubic feet, and the Ultra can easily produce full reference bass in this room. It sounds absolutely awesome, and a second one would be gross overkill.
HOWEVER (and here’s where you may question my mental state), my HT obsession has grown to the point where I plan on adding on a room to my home in the next year or so for a true dedicated Home Theater. Right now, my plan is for a room that will be close to 4,000 cubic feet. While I’m sure the single Ultra and S700 would still rock the room, for full reference volume bass, I’m pretty sure I’d want two SVS’s. I had planned on just purchasing another CS_Ultra when the time comes. But that was going to hit the old wallet for another $900 bucks or so.
So now Tom and Ron come out with this awesome discount program for the new CS + series for current SVS owners. Although the CS_Ultra handily outperforms a single CS +, a pair of the CS +’s (along with a few extra watts from the S1000 amp) should pretty neatly fill the bill for my future HT expansion plans.
I could simply send the CS_Ultra back now, and get in line for a pair of CS +’s, although SVS isn’t allowing the discount for current owners who return their current models while still in the 45 day trial period (and I don’t blame them one bit). But even without the discount, I would come out a few hundred dollars ahead of a dual CS_U package (granted a pair of CS +’s would have slightly less performance than a pair of the bad-boy Ultras, but I think the CS +’s would do the job).
BUT, if I sell the CS_Ultra myself, then I can take advantage of the discount. I can sell the CS_Ultra and amp at better than B-stock prices, and come out better than returning them for full credit. :)
A new CS_Ultra and Samson S700 would cost you $1,348 plus shipping from SVS.
A B-stock CS-Ultra and B-stock Samson S700 would cost you $1,128 plus shipping from SVS (but you’d be VERY lucky to catch a CS_Ultra OR Samson S700 in SVS’s B-stockroom)
I’ll sell my nearly new babies for $1,000, plus shipping.
This is a really good deal for someone who wants the current SVS performance leader (not counting the price-is-no-object SS model), and who doesn’t want or need two of these things in their living room. If I return the CS_U and amp to SVS, some lucky bargain hunter will snap them up in minutes at higher prices than I’m offering.
And if someone in central Alabama happens to want them, I could deliver them at no cost, or you could pick them up for that matter.
Any takers?
David Giles

David Giles

Stunt Coordinator
Randy,
It's the exact same footprint, only 8 inches taller. What else were you gonna put in that 8 inches of airspace above it? :)
Seriously though, I understand the hesitance over it's size. But like one writer said, treat it like a trophy and display it proudly. :)
David

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
i thought the Ultra was bundled with the S1000? or did you just take a few DBs loss and go with an S700??

David Giles

Stunt Coordinator
Thomas,

Yeah, I was trying to economize and went with the S700. And it's plenty powerful enough in my current room. But for a dual package in the larger room I'm planning, I figure I should go ahead and get the S1000.

David

Scott Basham

Stunt Coordinator
Just wanted to let everyone know that David Giles is an honest seller. He shipped out the equipement timely and as promised.

Thanks David!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks