What's new

Criterion John Waters set coming soon? (1 Viewer)

Bradley Newton

Stunt Coordinator
There's an article about the death of the midnight movie on Vanity Fair's website and they quote John Waters and add that PINK FLAMINGOS is available as "part of a Criterion Collection set." Um, it's not...yet. I was going to dismiss it as an editorial error - the Criterion MULTIPLE MANIACS streets tomorrow, or perhaps the writer was referring to the Criterion PINK FLAMINGOS and POLYESTER laser-discs. But then at HorrorHound this past weekend, Waters himself said, "There is more Criterion on the way."
Very exciting news, and timely! Friday March 17th was the 45th anniversary of PINK FLAMINGOS.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
There's an article about the death of the midnight movie on Vanity Fair's website and they quote John Waters and add that PINK FLAMINGOS is available as "part of a Criterion Collection set." Um, it's not...yet. I was going to dismiss it as an editorial error - the Criterion MULTIPLE MANIACS streets tomorrow, or perhaps the writer was referring to the Criterion PINK FLAMINGOS and POLYESTER laser-discs. But then at HorrorHound this past weekend, Waters himself said, "There is more Criterion on the way."
Very exciting news, and timely! Friday March 17th was the 45th anniversary of PINK FLAMINGOS.
Unless he was referring to the old NewLine set

B00006JMRS.jpg

Bradley Newton

Stunt Coordinator
Over at The Quietus site, there's an interview with Waters...

Is there a possibility of any more Criterions coming out?

Well, if there is, I'm not really allowed to talk about it. You ask if there's a possibility - well, the answer to that would always be yes. Because... anything's possible (laughs) So, I will say "yes" is the answer to that. With no other comment.

Bradley Newton

Stunt Coordinator
I take the Vanity Fair piece, The Quietus interview, and Waters' own comments this past weekend as kind of a definitive "yes."

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
I doubt Warner Bros. wants anything to do with Waters' catalog so getting Polyester and Hairspray through Criterion would be awesome.

Bradley Newton

Stunt Coordinator
I had those Criterion laser-discs and for POLYESTER, they reprinted the scratch-n-sniff cards at the original size and it was easily slipped into the laser-disc packaging. What would they do now? Diminutive little scratch-n-sniffs?

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Interesting. John Waters was in New Orleans this past weekend and I was complimenting him on the Criterion release of Multiple Maniacs, and asked about Mondo Trasho ever appearing. He said it would cost a million dollars for the music rights so, no. He went on to say to look for more of his films coming to Blu-ray later.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I had those Criterion laser-discs and for POLYESTER, they reprinted the scratch-n-sniff cards at the original size and it was easily slipped into the laser-disc packaging. What would they do now? Diminutive little scratch-n-sniffs?
If memory serves, the New Line DVD release of Polyester contained a specially formatted Odorama card.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks