What's new

Criterion Blu-ray titles! (2 Viewers)

ccfixx

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
Criterion just added "Close-Up" and "Everlasting Moments" to the blu-ray list now. That's FIVE blu-rays for June!

CC

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
I will say this: their statements about trying to do their best to increase Blu-ray production was not empty rhetoric or misdirection in the slightest. They're to be commended for their efforts.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Originally Posted by Brandon Conway /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will say this: their statements about trying to do their best to increase Blu-ray production was not empty rhetoric or misdirection in the slightest. They're to be commended for their efforts.
I agree! At a time when it appears that the majors have either slowed down or don't have interest in releasing anything but the hottest titles to Blu, Criterion releases all kinds of obscurities on the format and the best part is they're not crying about declining sales or predicting the end of the world because millions of people aren't buying their movies.

Brian Borst

Screenwriter

Here it is.

felipenor

Stunt Coordinator
Do you guys think there's any chance of Criterion releasing Wes Anderson's films in Blu-ray? (Rushmore, Tenenbaums, Life Aquatic)

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Originally Posted by felipenor /forum/thread/272151/criterion-announces-first-blu-ray-titles/660#post_3673236
Do you guys think there's any chance of Criterion releasing Wes Anderson's films in Blu-ray? (Rushmore, Tenenbaums, Life Aquatic)
Depends on whether or not Disney is willing to extend Criterion's license of these titles for Blu-Ray. "Royal Tenenbaums" and "The Life Aquatic..." have HD masters since they've been on HDNet Movies recently but "Rushmore" probably needs a new transfer, and I wouldn't be surprised if Anderson twiddles with the color on that one like he did with the "Bottle Rocket" remaster.

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
gee I was hoping that cover of Red Desert was a joke ,the leopard cover isn't any
good either,
I don't get it ,who picks these covers???

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
I find most of the Criterion covers pretty good looking, that both looks different enough to be their own thing, and nicely fitting together within the Criterion collection. But that's just me.

felipenor

Stunt Coordinator
I know this is not a blu-ray, but can anyone tell me if the Life Aqatric dvd comes with a slipcover as in picture below?
1d05c6da8da0f10e48fa0110.L.jpg

A friend was trying to sell me but he said it didn't have a slipcover when he bought it.

BethHarrison

Second Unit
Real Name
Bethany Harrison
Originally Posted by felipenor /forum/thread/272151/criterion-announces-first-blu-ray-titles/690#post_3676258
I know this is not a blu-ray, but can anyone tell me if the Life Aqatric dvd comes with a slipcover as in picture below?
A friend was trying to sell me but he said it didn't have a slipcover when he bought it.
There are two different versions a 2 disc version and a 1 disc version. I have the 2 disc version that has a slip cover. It may be possible that the 1 disc version didn't come with a slip cover?

ccfixx

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
July's announcements...

- The Red Shoes
- Black Narcissus
- The Secret Of The Grain (2007)

CC

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by ccfixx /forum/thread/272151/criterion-announces-first-blu-ray-titles/690#post_3681357
- Black Narcissus
Ooooh. This film has been recommended to me for a long time. And I haven't yet picked up the DVD. This may be my first Criterion Blu-ray. /img/vbsmilies/htf/smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks