What's new

Criterion Blu-ray titles! (1 Viewer)

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
All I can guess is Purple Rain, that's definatly Prince...

Attachments

• b3a1d7d9-c6f4-4bda-a618-138085d928e1.jpg
    b3a1d7d9-c6f4-4bda-a618-138085d928e1.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 31

deepscan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JP
All I can guess is Purple Rain, that's definatly Prince...

That was my first guess too until I looked further into the clue. Yes, if PRINCE OF TIDES is true, then it is one Criterion title I have long waited for to see on Blu Ray, after holding onto that laserdisc for so long (and no laserdisc player to play on currently).

A POT Blu Ray release is long, long overdue, but Ms. Streisand, you have my $$$ if it does.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
This probably means nothing (especially with Kino getting all those OOP licenses) but The Man Who Fell To Earth is on Criterion Channel.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I've yet to buy a Criterion disc (oh the shame!). If they'd released, Blow-Up or All That Jazz or A Matter Of Life & Death in the UK, then I wouldn't be able to say that.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
This probably means nothing (especially with Kino getting all those OOP licenses) but The Man Who Fell To Earth is on Criterion Channel.

The streaming rights to the StudioCanal library are separate from those for physical media, which is why it was also up on Filmstruck (along with others). The Third Man, Army of Shadows, and Ran are also up.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
This article seems to indicate that Criterion will be releasing the new 4K restoration of Holiday (1938) that was screened at the most recent TCM Classic Film Festival at some point.

http://www.postmagazine.com/Publica...pril-2019/Restoration-1938s-I-Holiday-I-.aspx
I saw that article, and was very happy.

I watch this movie every year on my birthday (NYE).

I hope that if Criterion does release this, they are able to include the 1930 version.

“For the love of Pete, its the witch and Dopey“

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks