Crest Manufacturing Contact Name/Number (Cracked SACDs)

Discussion in 'Music' started by Cliff Olson, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Cliff Olson

Cliff Olson Stunt Coordinator

Sorry for the repost, if this has been posted before. I've left several messages with Crest about the 3 cracked SACDs that I own. No return call yet. I'm simply trying to find out what Crest is willing to do about this, and if they have remedied the problem. It's not an isolated case, I only have about 12-14 SACDs. Here is Crest's telephone number and contact, if you'd like to see what they're doing about it:

(800)309-3472
    Doug Palmer

When the voice system picks the line up, say "CD/DVD".

2. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

I'm going to call tomorrow, gosh darn it. These people deserve to know how frustrated the end consumer is with the product that they are (used to be) shipping...

3. MattCPT

MattCPT Stunt Coordinator

Thanks,
    I'll be sure to call them and tell them how disappointed I am with the quality of their product, and that I have lost faith in them with future releases.

4. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Cliff, thanks for posting this information. I have returned cracked Crest discs of three different titles and will not buy them again until I am sure that Crest has corrected the problem.

The only problem is that I am quite convinced that Crest doesn't give a damn about the problem. They suck.

5. Cliff Olson

Heck. I can't even return the discs! BB will only let me exchange them for the same title, and they even rip off the wrapping! [​IMG]

6. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

I did call. Dude wasn't there. Left a constructive message about my experience with DSOTM, and that I specifically wanted to know what they did to fix the problem, and how am I supposed to know when the supply chanels are free of defective discs. Didn't hear anything by the end of Fri. We'll see...

Actually starting to irritate me a little bit that no mag has picked up this story, or even that that high fidelity web site (?) never did a follow up...

7. Steve Meskell

Steve Meskell Second Unit

I'd say hit them in the pocketbook.... If anyone that knows that the disc they want is pressed by Crest and still buys it, you have no right to complain if/when it cracks. I will only buy the DVD-A of the upcoming Universal Hi-Rez releases. If we all did then Universal would take notice and i'm sure Sony would then get on Crest's ass to fix past/present problems they have.

MONEY TALKS

8. Greg Johnson

Greg Johnson Stunt Coordinator

How do you know Crest isn't pressing the upcoming Universal DVD-A's? They also press DVD's at their plant.

Due to recent history, one would assume that Crest will be the manufacturer for all the upcoming Universal SACD's. Does anyone here know for sure that is indeed the case? If so, you can also count me out on buying any of them.

9. Steve Meskell

I haven't heard of any cracking problems with Crest DVD's/DVD-a's.

10. Greg Johnson

Greg Johnson Stunt Coordinator

What if Crest is the manufacturer for Universal's upcoming DVDA's. Are you still going to buy them? If you do that would hardly be hitting Crest in the pocketbook.

11. Steve Meskell

Hey I don't want to bankrupt Crest. If the DVD-A out sells the SACD version of let's say "Tommy" maybe that will make some "suits" look for answers. The answer is a Hybrid SACD pressed by Crest that will not crack. Maybe they solved the problem, but the lack of information from Crest and EMI(DSOTM) and Universal is a major mistake on their part.I'd love to pick up "Gaucho" this week but the big question is will it crack? So until I hear different I will stay away from Hybrid Crest SACDs.

12. Tomoko Noguchi

Tomoko Noguchi Second Unit

Has your cracked discs caused problems when you play them yet?

13. Michael St. Clair

14. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Cliff said:

15. Michael_T

Michael_T Second Unit

16. Cliff Olson

17. Leo

Leo Second Unit

Well at this point I've stopped buying SACD's until the problem is resolved. I have several cracked SACD's (near the inner circle) and refuse to let them shatter any further (expecially in my SACD player). So for now they will get no more money from me.

18. Chet_F

Chet_F Supporting Actor

And just when I was thinking of dropping some $$ on a player and some discs.
    Obviously that won't be happening now. Who runs these factories chimps?

19. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

I agree. I came across some hybrid SACDs titles that are coming out that normally I would jump at. No way now. I wish to have confirmation that the problem has been dealt with. Or maybe some of y'all will buy 'em and report that they are OK. [​IMG] Turkey Dave Palmer never called me back.

20. Doug_B

Doug_B Screenwriter

Interesting...When I was in a BB yesterday, I checked the DSotM stock, and all but 2 of about 20 discs were pressed in Japan. This is in contrast to about a month or so ago, when all but 1 of about 10 discs were pressed in the US (assumed Crest).

Doug