What's new

Create A Boxset (1 Viewer)

FrancisP

Screenwriter
I see that studios are starting to create boxsets of completed tv shows by taking select episodes and wrapping them around a common theme. Star Trek, Xena, and Buffy have done this or will do it in the future. For fun, create a boxset.

I would start out with a Callisto boxset by taking the Callisto episodes from Xena and Hercules and putting them in the proper order. I would also throw in the two episodes that Hudson Leick played Liz Friedman, one of the show's producers.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I wanted to do a "Worf"-themed boxed set for Star Trek: TNG. Just put all the "Worf" episodes in one little set. Then you can see his complete story arc,

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
For starters:

Home Improvement and Roseanne - All the holiday eps (Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Valentine's Day, Mother's Day)

MacGyver - all the Murdoc eps (only 7 or 8, I believe)

The X-Files - all of the comedy/fantasy/bizzaro eps

Hercules/Xena - all the Bruce Campbell (as both Autolycus AND Rob Tapert) eps

EDIT: For MacGyver - the Jack Dalton and Penny Parker eps too... (A lot of crossover between these 3 recurring characters anyway.)

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
Law & Order/SVU/CI/TBJ - all of the crossover episodes in the L&O universe, plus maybe the Homicide crossovers.

Dean C

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
HMMMM I was enjoying this topic but no this doesn't hit me. I would have a complete series not selected episodes I like. Unless well if they have a place where you can pick maybe 21 Friends episodes into one set for me of my fav's well YEAH. But buying the complete series is good.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
If I had my ruthers I'd have a complete set and be happy.

Regardless of this, fans of Frasier not wanting Cheers in its entirety might would like a key Frasier episodes of Cheers collection.

Otherwise, actual mixedbag DVD releases mimicking primetime schedules of the past, commercials included.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I liked the idea Sony tries about a year ago where they took disc one from each of the following series, and combined them in one box set. I think it was Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, Gidget, and The Partridge Family. Only thing was I already had the complete season sets so I didn't buy it.
However, there are other studios that have TV shows out that I haven't bought.
Perhaps putting discs from Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley, and Mork and Mindy together in one set.
OR...
The Fugitive, The Untouchables, Wild, Wild, West, etc.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
For Dark Shadows, edited versions of some of the show's most popular storylines into miniseries form, such as the 1795, 1897 and 1840 time travel storylines and the 1970 Parallel Time story.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter

I like this idea, but even shorter. Instead of a miniseries, I would like a two-hour movie version of each storyline. I bet it would be fast-paced, and contain all the exciting moments, and eliminate the slow talky moments.

I think the 1897 storyline would be too long to fit into 2 hours, but I think the introduction of Barnabas and Maggie's kidnapping would work in a two-hour time frame. Also the Laura the Phoenix storyline would fit.

I'm perfectly happy the way it is now, but this could be a way to draw in new fans who've never seen the show and don't want to buy a whole set which runs about $40.00.

Also a two hour movie version would be cheap. Maybe, $9.99. I think the whole point is to draw in new fans.

Real Name
Ryan
Superman Super-Set

Featuring 10 of the best/most memorable episodes from Adventures of Superman, Superboy, and Lois & Clark, decided by fans of the shows.

Guido

Stunt Coordinator
Great idea! Love the Callisto suggestion, though I do prefer the complete sets, when certain storylines cross shows, this is a good idea.

So my pick is for a Boston Legal 'Origins' featuring the Practice eps with all the characters (particularly Sally and Alan, who had the most I believe). I know Best Buy had a promo disc with one or two eps.

Other shows that had crossovers that could use something like this:

The Pretender & The Profiler
BH 90210 & Melrose Place (kind of)
and I think Friends and some of the other Thursday night shows would occasionally share a character or something - though I am not sure

Other than that, I prefer complete sets as well, so it's hard to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks