What's new

Cover images: Where to find... (1 Viewer)

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
I have a bunch of DVDs here that have no case. My fiance bought them used from her local library when she was still living with her mother, and for whatever reason she didn't want her mother to know about her DVD purchases, so in order to hide them, she threw away the cases and stored them in one of those CaseLogic things with the clear plastic sleeves.
Now I now where to get empty cases, but I need the cover art to go with them. There are probably about two dozen or so, so I'm looking for people to post all the sites they know about that have cover art images.
------------------
-Justin "JJR512" Rebbert
swouttakes.jpg

Join the JJR512.com Genome@home Team and help cure what ails you. (Click here for more info.)
Contact me: [email protected] | ICQ: 52675695 | Private Message

Mike Brantley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike Brantley
If you sign up for the paid version of DVD Profiler, you get to download reasonably high-res (more like medium-res) cover scans -- although these don't seem to be 300dpi or always have the spines scanned.
If you post a list of the titles, I'll be happy to scan in any from my collection and e-mail 'em to you. Some folks here helped me get some scans for used DVDs I bought without covers, and I'd love to return the favor.
------------------
Mike Brantley
Our Theater:
Mike & Cheryl's Screening Room

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
10 Things I Hate About You
The Astronaut's Wife
The Bachelor
Blast from the Past
Blue Streak
The Bone Collector
Bowfinger
Brokedown Palace
Crazy in Alabama
Cruel Intentions
Deep Blue Sea
Dogma
Double Jeopardy
Drive Me Crazy
Election
End of Days
Enemy of the State
Entrapment
Eye of the Beholder
Eyes Wide Shut
Galazy Quest
Ghostbusters
Halloween H2O
Hercules
Lake Placid
Leprechaun in the Hood
Love Stinks
Mickey Blue Eyes
A Midsummer Night's Dream
Mystery Men
Never Been Kissed
Notting Hill
The Out of Towners
Practical Magic
Rush Hour
Scream 3
The Sixth Sense (probably will get the Vista Series so don't bother)
Stir of Echoes
Storm of the Century
Teaching Mrs. Tingle
Three to Tango
Urban Legend
Varsity Blues
Wild Wild West
Geez, guess it was more than I though!
redface.gif

------------------
-Justin "JJR512" Rebbert
swouttakes.jpg

Join the JJR512.com Genome@home Team and help cure what ails you. (Click here for more info.)

Joel C

Screenwriter
I don't suppose you have Dick (w/ Kirsten Dunst) as well? My cat peed on mine and I have been looking for a scan of it ever since. None of the websites have it!
------------------
Joel
[email protected]
"I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech."
digitallyOBSESSED

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
She was only trying to hide them from her mother, when she still lived with her mother (before we got our apartment together). I don't know the exact reason for this, but I believe it is the standard thing of people who still live at home (live with the parents) do not want the parents to know how much money they spend on things the parents would consider frivolous. The CaseLogic CD holder (one of the travel-type things with the black canvas exterior and pages of clear plastic CD-holder-sleeves inside, closed by a zipper) where she stored the discs was quite easy to hide. Now in our apartment we have the DVDs that I bought on my own, which of course are still in their correct packaging, on a shelf.
A few of her titles I intend to replace sometime in the future when newer versions come out, for example Sixth Sense. I also intend to get the Ghostbusters/GB2 2-pack, so that isn't a worry. Some of her titles I'm really not interested in at all, and could care less. But some of them I really want to be able to display in the regular collection. I can't quite bring myself to buy a new copy of a title just to get the case (unless there's a new and improved version, like Sixth Sense, as mentioned before). But I know I will end up doing this for some of them anyway...but for the most part, I think I can manage to be happy, or at least a little bit less unhappy, if I just have reproduction cases.
------------------
-Justin "JJR512" Rebbert
swouttakes.jpg

[Edited last by JustinR on October 27, 2001 at 04:18 AM]

Gennaro Bitti

Auditioning
hi, i've been reading posts on this forum for over 2 years, and have just become a member.
I also have been chasing covers, mainly to convert the snappers to amaray cases.
there are a few sites that i use where there are some great scans. If you are only interested in covers there is one european site that has nearly 2000 covers, but only at 100 to 200 DPI. As a stop gap its better than nothing, as long as you have a good printer and a lot of ink.
the rest of the files are pretty big so you need a lot of time or a cable modem.
links are http://home.nc.rr.com/vmaxfaq/dvdcovers/ http://members.fortunecity.com/micke...stom/id12.html http://members.fortunecity.com/coverscans/ http://dvdcovers.20m.com/amex.html http://www.dvdcoverart.com/
and Link Removed
this site has covers for both cd's and DVD's but mainly european covers. (usually the same front but the backs are in different languages)
hope this helps

Mike Brantley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike Brantley
Justin, I just e-mailed you "Entrapment," "Sixth Sense" and "Eyes Wide Shut." I realized I have "Galaxy Quest," too (you spelled it funny!), so that's being scanned now.
I still have three DVDs without covers. "The Art of War" disc was inside the Sony open box player I bought at Sears earlier this year, so I kept it. The salesman told me a family had returned the player because they didn't like "them black bars" on the DVD picture. Fine by me, as the player was heavily discounted and in perfect condition, and I got a free movie (just no cover).
I also am on the lookout for cover scans for "Summer of Sam" and "October Sky." I bought them used, and they had no covers.
Good luck on your quest!
------------------
Mike Brantley
Our Theater:
Mike & Cheryl's Screening Room

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks