What's new

costco.com drops the 65H80 to $2499 plus shipping (1 Viewer)

Ryan_D

Agent
Gregg,
It was cheaper than Costco for one, especially since I would have to buy a Costco membership. I bought a 3 year extended warranty with it, so they'll just send someone out to my home to fix it. If it is damaged in shipping, they'll send out a replacement the same day. Onecall.com has a better rating on BizRate than Costco. I don't see the problem here.
Now ordering from Continental Trade would be a mistake. They aren't even an authorized dealer.

Well I did it after three long years of waiting, I ordered the Toshiba from costco on Frday. It went out on Tuesday. I will let you know how Costco is on Delivery. For the price and the return policy you can't beat it.
popcorn.gif

------------------

furious.gif
ok here is some information about costco, as you know they like to keep their costs down, so they take the orders and then place them with toshiba, if you order from costco you status will eventually say shipped, however this when they place the order with Toshiba and then Toshiba ships the product to I think Costco's terminal/warehouse. This is when they call you and say it arrived and when would you like it delivered and such.
I will try to keep you all posted on how this turns out.
Aaron
PS has waiting ever killed someone?????
------------------

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Aaron, I don't understand what you're upset about... I'm not saying you shouldn't be upset, I just don't understand your explanation. :) I hope everything works out well, let us know what happens.
Nice to see another guy from Tucson here, there's 3 of us so far I think... :)
/Mike

Mike, Me upset? no frustrated a little :) .... but only because I was trying to figure out when the TV would arrive. Costco did not provide me with a tracking number, which I found a little odd as all of their delivery companies track shipments. They ship with Viking, roadway, and Consolidated Freightways and all of those companies have a way to track information. Granted the Costco web site does say 10-15 days delivery time. So I called them and found out they order directly from the manufacture, which is ok with me.
The next thing I tried to track down was where Toshiba ships from, but it's either CA or TN I think. If it ships from CA it's three days, if TN it's 5 days.
If some one knows where their warehouse is please let me know... as I am just curries as heck to find out when I can expect the TV.
Mike, since you are in Tucson, Have you done an ISF calibration and if so how did the tech do?
------------------

Ryan_D

Agent
My 65H80 from onecall.com is supposed to be delivered next Thursday or Friday. That's not too bad considering it's coming from Washington to Indiana.
I just ordered a set of Kustom Kables to go with it.
I'm going out of town for a week right after I get it, so I'm going to let it burn in while I'm gone. What would be a good DVD to loop on it?

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
hope everyone who wanted the 65H80 at costco.com placed their order...
i can't find it on their web page anymore.
frown.gif

using the link from my first post in this thread gives back "product not found", and a search of "toshiba" shows not televisions at all.
maybe it's temporary, maybe they have it pulled to lower the price again :)? or maybe at that great price they simply sold out.

Chris Sigua

Stunt Coordinator
I would lean toward it being sold out only because last night it was there. They actually had it on the front page.
As for the other Tosh sets, go towww.costco.com -->electronics and cameras -->Televisions. They still have the following listed:
Tosh Digital Projectors:
TDP-S2-$2499.99 + 17.56 shipping
TDP-P4-$4199.99 + $22.70 Shipping
Tosh RPTVs
61A60-$1499 + $249 Shipping
55A60-$1299.99 + $249.99 Shipping

W

Will

Since Costco orders direct from the Toshiba factory, I wonder if
maybe the Toshiba factory is sold out of 65H80's temporarily?
Or permanently? Was the low price to blow out the inventory
and make room for the new models? Maybe the new 65H81 will
be here sooner than expected!!! :)

This is now the second time it has disapeared from the site and the second time they have sold out. I am sure it will be back in a few days. We'll just have to wait and see.
Aaron
------------------

W

Will

It's still sold out. I hope Toshiba is blowing out the
H80's and getting ready to bring in the H81's.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I have been looking at a Toshiba off and on for a while now. The only problem is here in Canada a 56" goes for $4999 not including tax of 14%. I have also read that 7" CRT's cannot resolve the full 1080i lines of resolution and that in order to do so requires 9" CRTs. Is this the case or is it a myth? If it is the case it may make more sense to wait. It seems like these types of sets are going to start coming down in price as manufacturers start to aggressively market them.

Costco is at it once again... The TV is back online and for sale for those who are interested. $2,499 Toshiba 65" Theaterwide HD Projection Television
65H80
------------------

JerryHatchett

Stunt Coordinator
I've bought a number of things from OneCall over the years and have always gotten great prices and great service. They're matching the $2499 Costco price but their shipping is a bit higher. $419 for in-home and $318 for curbside.
Jerry
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks