What's new

Convince me to buy a Pronto (1 Viewer)

Brian Schucher

Supporting Actor
I thought i was gonna LOVE the touchscreen aspect of the remote too. Turns out i was wrong. Although the techie factor of the remote is awesome, i just couldnt dig the touchscreen and having to look at the remote to use it. I went to the HTM MX500 and love it. I have had a Marantz RC2000 for years now but i like the 500 much more..

Andrew V

Stunt Coordinator
If you’re still not convinced to buy the Pronto, then I would suggest you download ProntoEdit and a few files to give it a test run. ProntoEdit comes with an Emulator which shows you what a file looks like on the Pronto remote.
Click on the following link to download: ProntoEdit
Click on the following link to download some: Pronto Files
------------------
~Andrew~
~Pronto Programmer~
AIM SN: FFU Productions
ICQ #: 21603991
Home Theater Pictures
Equipment List | My Growing DVD Collection

Pamela

Supporting Actor
Ok, dumb question, but how do you download the software if you have an Apple computer? I tried, but it doesn't work. Is the software only available for Windows?
P.S You've all done a good job of convincing me to buy a Pronto. I ordered one from J and R yesterday!
[Edited last by Pamela on November 10, 2001 at 07:42 PM]

Jim Lenneman

Stunt Coordinator
Pamela,
Yep, windows only (or at least an emulator). I guess it's all about market share. If that wasn't bad enough, the actual remote needs a serial port to communicate.
Jim L

Guy Kuo

Supporting Actor
Search the www.remotecentral.com form for Mac information. The easiest way to work it is to use Virtual PC (and a USB to serial adapter) if you prefer Macs like I do. The USB/serial adapter is a bit picky about correct setup so follow the settings you'll find on the threads in that forum.
One way I've done to dramatically reduce the "lack" of hard buttons on the remote is to define them in my CCF in a non-standard fashion. I use the bottom two buttons for volume. The five buttons on the side I use for play, ff, rev, chapter forward, backward (channel up/down). That means that 90% of navigation while viewing is done with hard buttons and no looking.
------------------
Guy Kuo
Link Removed
[Edited last by Guy Kuo on November 11, 2001 at 05:02 AM]

Dave Ringkor

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave Ringkor
Ok, dumb question, but how do you download the software if you have an Apple computer?
There's a guy who posted on www.remotecentral.com and is working on a cross platform ProntoEdit replacement (Mac, Windows, and Linux versions). The program is in closed beta right now, but if you ask nicely I'm sure he'll let you try it out. See the Pronto discussion forum on Remote Central for the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks