What's new

Connection question (1 Viewer)

Kevin*H

Stunt Coordinator
I presently have cable and satellite going through my satellite receiver and VCR to my RPTV (Satellite cable directly to the satellite receiver) (cable through a surge protector to the TV antenna IN on the satellite receiver
and out of TV Set Out on same receiver to the Antenna In
of the VCR and finally out of the TV Out of the VCR to the
Antenna In on the RPTV) What I would like to know is how I connect this without the VCR and if possible a set up that has a dvd/vcr combo? thanks in advance for any help

Ryan Leemhuis

Second Unit
I don't really see the porblem...just skip the VCR...hook it directly into your TV from the satellite receiver. Maybe explain some more?

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
You'll have to split it up. Radio Shack and other places sell them. What I would have would be the CATV line split to 3. One goes to the VCR, a 2nd to the Sat rcvr., and the 3rd directly to the TV. There would be another line (composite?) going from your sat rec. to your VCR's line 1 input.

This way you could tape a sat channel and watch something else. If you use a cable line from the VCR to your TV, another composite line could go to your receiver.
I hope that was what you wanted.

Glenn

Kevin*H

Stunt Coordinator
Many thanks for the help, I was confused because the TV manual said that if I did not have a cable box or a VCR to hook the cable directly to the TV. So now that my cable is hooked up through the ant in/out of the sat rx and I switch between sat and cable through channel 3 if the quality of the picture on the TV is governed by the coax,
is it being enhanced by the s-video cable going from the sat rx to the tv?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks