1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Connecting TV to Receiver?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Tho, Sep 23, 2003.

1. Tho

Tho Auditioning

Question, right now I have an older model Panasonic 27" TV with just regular composite rca connectors. I also have a Pioneer dolby digital reciever with 5.1 speakers. The way I have it set is, I have my xbox connected to the receiver through optical digital audio (a/v advanced pack) and then the video from xbox to the TV. Is there a way I can connect the TV to the receiver so I can watch tv and listen to it through the speakers? I know I wont get dolby digital with TV lol

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

If the Panasonic has standard audio outputs on the back you can connect it to the receiver and hear programs in two-channel stereo.

3. Jed M

Jed M Cinematographer

If your tv has rca audio out connectors you can hook that up to the receiver. If not you need something like a vcr or cable box that will have the rca audio outs. I always thought it would be a great idea to put coaxial connectors on receivers, but I am sure for some obvious reasons they can't.

4. Jed M

Jed M Cinematographer

Jack obviously types and thinks faster than I do. [​IMG]