What's new

Connecting Bose 901 or similar to Pioneer VSX-1014 or Yamaha HTR-5790 (1 Viewer)

John Becker

Auditioning
My present speakers are the dBX Soundfield One system. These haven't been made for a few years, but they are similar to the Bose 901 system in that they require the use of a dedicated proprietary equalizer which comes with them. This equalizer is connected in the tape monitor loop on old-style stereo receivers.

I'm about to upgrade my system to a new receiver, and I have noted that the models I'm looking at don't seem to have a tape monitor loop.

I'm considering the Pioneer VSX-1014 or the Yamaha HTR-5790 or possibly the Yamaha RX-V1400. If anyone here is using any of these receivers with front channel speakers requiring an equalizer, please tell me how you hooked it up. Thanks!

John

Randy C Sr

Stunt Coordinator
I still have a pairs of 901's used for front channels. The only way you can connect your speakers is get a receiver that will let you use the front outputs as a preamp and add a separate power amp between the speaker and the EQ. The other way is use separates (pre/pro amp and separate power amp). Short of that David is correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks