What's new

concerned with sony policies (1 Viewer)

Ive got a problem here. I bought a KV-32fs120 32 inch wega from best buy in sept and now its having problems. I didnt mail in my warrenty card, does anyone know if sony will still fix it. I still have a reciept and a credit card paper trail.?

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
Your receipt is your proof-of-purchase. The card is for informational purposes only. If the date you put on the card (When mailed in) didn't match the date on the receipt then there might be a problem. The presence of a card gives you some assurance that the set wasn't an exchange from someone else (who might have sent the card in).

So im safe then is that what your saying? If so thank god, best buy told me to go to hell when i phoned them. So i was a little bit concerned. Thanks alot man

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
I am an authorized Sony servicer and the receipt is all that is necessary , unless Sony Canada has some strange policies. (I just looked at your location) You need to realise that Best Buy is a "Servicing Dealer" not an "Authorized Servicer" and you don't have to take a set to them for service unless you are dealing with an extended warranty. Even their extended warranties are usually 3rd party insurance companies who also contract independent servicers. You might need to deal with a servicer other than Best Buy.

Unless Best Buy Canada pulled a "Sears" and bought the products without Factory support , but then there wouldn't have been a Sony Warranty card in the box.

I would contact Sony to locate a qualified servicer. Dealers are good if you need to exchange products but they don't always give the best repair service. Around here Best Buy ships all repairs to Chicago and St Louis because they don't actually have local service and they don't want to deal with the local authorized servicers unless they absolutely have to.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Steve,

I just sent you a private message about a related question. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks