What's new

Computer to Reciever (1 Viewer)

Eric Moore

Auditioning
I am trying to connect my old computer to my home theater system. I have everything working but the sound. I saw a product on this forum about 6 months ago. It was made by harmon kardon and basically it took the input from a sound card and output digital coax to connect to the receiver. It seems that I cannot find the product. Does anyone know which product it is? I would also appreciate any other input as to how to connect my computer sound to my receiver. Thanks.

Drew_W

Screenwriter
It's called the DAL-150 and can be found inexpensively on e-bay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...39794&tc=photo

I have no experience with it whatsoever, and it says it's for MP3. I have no idea if it'll pass DD/DTS (although if it does, let me know, for $10, thats a great thing to have around).

Getting sound to the receiver in stereo is simple (mini-plug to double rca). If you want surround sound, then you need SPDIF out. I have optical and coax out on my desktop and have a SoundBlaster external USB sound card with optical out for my laptop. Both work very well.

AndrewErickson

Stunt Coordinator
What sound card does your PC have? Does it have a digital output?

I own a DAL-150. It plugs into your USB port and has a digital coax output. It requires you to use Windows Media Player. It will output raw MP3 data for an MP3 decoding capabile Harman Kardon receiver. It will also output PCM so you can hook it up to the digital coax input of any receiver. It does bypass any sound card in your PC.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks