What's new

computer problems (1 Viewer)

Derek S

Stunt Coordinator
Please help....

today I burnt a CD, then tried to burn another one and my computer will not recognize either of my cd drives. does anyone have any ideas as to why this would happen.

thanks a bunch.

Derek

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Possible heating issue? I had a Yamaha CD burner that would stop responding after burning one or two CDs. Shutting down the machine and letting the CD burner cool off helped. However, after a while, it stopped working.

What OS are you running? What CD burning software are you using? What is the make of your CD burner? How old is your PC/what motherboard is it using?

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Also, you can try this: reseat the IDE connection to your motherboard and all your drives.

Try unplugging the IDE cable from your non-burning CD-ROM, in case your CD-ROM is flaking out and interfering with your CD burner (I had an Asus 50x CD-ROM which would never fail to screw up the CD burner attached to it...piece of garbage that drive is!).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks