What's new

component cables for gamecube? (1 Viewer)

Tino D'Voe

Agent
I took the plunge yesterday. After several years of not owning any video game system, I bought a gamecube. Mainly for resident evil, since it's been a favorite for years. Now, I have it all set up with my boxlight 12SF projector, but I'm not thrilled with the picture. It's too dark. Also, I went to 3 or 4 stores, but no one's heard of the component cables. Anyone know how I can improve the picture for the big screen, and where to get the cable?

Tino D'Voe

Agent
I just spoke to someone at nintendo, and the info I got was quite useless. According to them, the cable will probably never be available in stores because there is not enough demand for it. So that means we all have to order online and pay all the extra charges of duty, tax, etc. Not very convenient I think. Also, why make games 480p, but not make the cable available? Any ideas what this crap is all about?

When I mentioned that I'm still debating over an x-box, and that I won't have to deal with the inconvenience of buying their accessories, the guy laughed. Microsoft may be getting the last laugh here if I go exchange the gamecube!

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
It does seem somewhat odd. Though I couldn't find the XBox' HD pack in stores like KB Toys or Wal-Mart, it was readily available at EB and Best Buy. Nintendo could probably even get away with charging a slightly higher than normal price to accomodate, given the target audience for those sorts of cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks