What's new

Columbia catalog requests (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Yeah, TESS. Absolutely. Deserves a stunning DVD release.
And though Columbia has released about 90% of the catalog titles I have wanted from that studio, not all of them have been good (or even acceptable) releases, to whit:
THE AWFUL TRUTH (Way too grainy, poor contrast & sound)
THREE WORLDS OF GULLIVER (Incorrect aspect ratio, too contrasty, poor color and sound)
7TH VOYAGE OF SINBAD (inconsistent color, crappy sound)
A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS (color desaturated; need a special edition for this superb Oscar-winner)

And how about Oscar-winning documentary THE HELLSTROM CHRONICLE? Didn't deserve the win (what with Lawrence Pressman's idiotic Dr. Hellstrom performance), but it's a fascinating movie nonetheless with superb photography by Ken Middleham, a precursor to MICROCOSMOS.

BarryM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Barry Margolis
Twentieth Century!!

One of Howard Hawks' few comedies, not to mention one of the all-time funniest screwball comedies of the 1930's.

Starring Carole Lombard, and, for my money, John Barrymore's all-time best sound film performance....he's simply hysterical.

A great supporting cast, including Roscoe Kerns and Walter Connoly.

Please, Columbia, release this on DVD!

also:
Theadora Goes Wild

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Special editions of some of your Oscar-winners, such as A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS and KRAMER VS. KRAMER, which were pretty bare-bones in their original release. A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS wasn't done well the first time anyway - color is quite desaturated and I, for one, have to set my color level to max just to come close to seeing the elegant reds and greens of the theatrical presentation.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks