What's new

Coincidence or Rip Off? (1 Viewer)

Oswald Pascual

Second Unit
Real Name
No Name
Just noticed the poster for "Count Of Monte Cristo" and thought I have seen this before. What do you folks think?
B00005JKJ5.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

and
B00000J2KS.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
I think there are better examples out there.

I remember not too long ago, there was a thread that pointed out similar poster/cover art. Some of it was pretty halarious, especially the "Scream" like posters.

Ike

Screenwriter
I don't see it.

The one's that were posted here that looked almost identical was X-Men and The One.

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
To my recollection, The 2000 film titles Above suspicion and Under suspicion also started a similar comparison. The posterfor Above suspicion was later changed, it is the changed poster which is shown on IMDB. A member of the forum was also asking for other examples, I got the impression he was going to use it for a web site, I can't remember who this was. The web site may be a figment of my imagination though.

Dana Fillhart

Supporting Actor
First time I saw that poster a while back, I thought, "Oh cool, a new Antonio Banderas flick." Heh, how wrong I was :)

Dana Fillhart

Supporting Actor
Also, Oswald, I don't think there's much of a comparison. I don't think James Caviezel looks anything like Buzz Lightyear.
:D

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, I don't see it as well. Yes they have that similar "evil look" and the blades, but that's not enough for me to warrant a "copycat" label.

YMMV.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Yah. While I can see some similarity, I don't think that it's really a Rip-off...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks