What's new

Coconuts/Fey/Strawberries raising used prices. (1 Viewer)

Frank@N

Screenwriter
I was at my local Coconuts recently and was shocked by higher prices.

I'm always looking for used Star Trek sets, which were priced at $59.99 (STTNG, DS9, Voyager).

These sets have now been jacked to $80 or $85.

Used new releases like 'Master & Commander' were $15.

Now most of the newer used stuff is going for $18!

At these prices, you might as well buy new stuff...

Oddly enough, they seem to be getting very aggressive on their Day One rebate 'sales'.

If you're willing to pay $20 upfront, you can 'buy' this week's latest movie release for $10 now.

Tempting, but I hate those rebate things...

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
God bless FYE rebates. I now get every new release from them.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Resurrecting a very old thread just to say with some sadness that the greatest Strawberries store in Massachusetts has closed!

The Strawberries on Memorial Drive in Cambridge, near the Microcenter, is gone! Empty building.

They were the best one because that particular store always had a 20% sale the last weekend of every month, regardless of whether other stores in the chain did. The manager there said they made the policy themselves and that it was succesful. I picked up many of my tv box sets there.

Evidently not succesful enough ... although I suspect what killed them was that in the spring and summer the city of Cambridge closes Memorial Drive to traffic.

A darn shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks